Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wow, already? Dang!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just found south of Milwaukee and Madison (Wisconsin)
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Wow! Was it just laying on the street, or did you find it in a store?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got Anakin's starfighter a few days ago, and they had a few other red-packaged ships as well (at a Target in Colorado). The Republic Fighter Tank was long gone, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Hit 5 Targets Sun...keep missing the tank, but the others from assortment are there in new red pkging.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I got Anakin's starfighter a few days ago, and they had a few other red-packaged ships as well (at a Target in Colorado). The Republic Fighter Tank was long gone, though.

Sorry Jabba, that was me that got the tank. It is awesome though! It is very heavy in the box and feels like it was worth the $20 to pick it up. It is a great vehicle that should compliment the Turbo tank very well!
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    Sorry Jabba, that was me that got the tank. It is awesome though! It is very heavy in the box and feels like it was worth the $20 to pick it up. It is a great vehicle that should compliment the Turbo tank very well!
    No worries! I'm glad it's in good hands.

Another Target (the Westminster one) also had some red-box vehicles, but just Obi-Wan's ship and the V-19, so again I missed it by a few days.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Picked this up at Target today.

First thing about the packaging is NO twist-ties or bonding of any kind, the vehicle is held in with cardboard inserts to go around either end of the ship, with plastic baggies inside to protect the paint. It works really well, kudos to Hasbro on this choice.

The diorama insert is pretty decent, it's a rocky part of Geonosis and it folds out pretty big, with sides sticking out at 45 degrees. It's way too tall for the ship, but I'm not worried. The design overall looks good, they have the CGI cartoon Gunships flying overhead and a a Hailfire on the back right blowing something up. There is one funny mistake, they included a couple CGI mk 1 Clone Troopers in the back left, they're not Clone Wars styled, and they're sporting slightly oversized stormtrooper blasters. Oops!

The toy itself requires 3 simple assembly, the side missile launchers and the top gun. Then you have to put the missiles into the launchers, of course.

My initial reaction is that it's small and light and under-detailed, but does serve its role well and has GI Joe-type charm, being a regular grunt's tank.

It suffers from Clone Wars minimalistic decos, a lot of the sculpted detail gets utterly lost in the unpainted gray areas, and the red areas aren't bringing out many details either. The packaging shows off tons of weathering on the "fantasy" picture on the front, and then the back has the Hasbro photoshop phony black overspray, so being a large expanse of plain gray is no good. It does have the main touches though, from the Republic logos to the green stripe, and a few silver accents. They paint a few things on the insides of the cockpits and the missile bays (the packaging calls them storage bays). But no rust, no wear at all, it hurts almost as badly as it does on the V-19 Torrent.

Sculpt is pretty good, decent height, it's about 2/3rds scale. I'm just gonna give you the basics:
    - 6 external footpegs, they work nicely too.
    - covers the overall look.
    - underside has sculpted detail.
    - sculpted details are a little broad, but not terrible.
    - some cockpit sculpting, reasonable foot room.
    - rear turret has its own interior, with little foot cutouts so the figure can sit on the chair.
    - turret lid opens and lip swivels, but interior does not move so it's hard to rotate the lip.
    - window shapes don't have quite the finesse they should, and no actual windows gives a little cheap feeling.
    - wheels work quite nicely.
    - guns droop a little.
    - no inlet paint or much of a sculpt on the side engines.
    - turret cannon is undersized and has no handles.
    - main cockpit opens gull-wing style, doors are small and seem really hard to work with, but actually fairly easy to work around, and the doors have internal details.
    - when only 1 clone is in the main cockpit, there's not enough of a seat divider so the figure will rattle around.

Basically, it's got good GI Joe factor, the size fits 3 figures pretty well, it's great to have the tank from Battlefront and the original Clone Wars game. I've filled it with 3 clones already, they look quite cool.

No twist ties? Shoot, that is enough right there to earn some praise.

I am looking forward to picking this up once it hits retail here.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yeah, it's so sweet to just open a toy and not have to screw around with a million different doodads just to get the toy out.

The foot pegs are a good height for having another 6 guys stand on it, they're short for the articulated ankle pegholes that are shallower. The front one does have the unfortunate placement of being RIGHT in front of the side cannon though.