Thread: V-19 Cockpit

V-19 Cockpit

Hi folks,

So I disassembled my V-19 today so that I could re-paint the yellow cockpit black. To my amazement however, I found a fully detailed cockpit underneath the solid yellow 'shield'! Now I'm thinking that I might see if I can find a clear plastic 'shield' to show off the cockpit once I've painted it.

Anyone had any success with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Windu View Post
    Hi folks,

So I disassembled my V-19 today so that I could re-paint the yellow cockpit black. To my amazement however, I found a fully detailed cockpit underneath the solid yellow 'shield'! Now I'm thinking that I might see if I can find a clear plastic 'shield' to show off the cockpit once I've painted it.

Anyone had any success with this?
    That's strange. Maybe it means they are going to reissue it, or had plans to do a clear canopy to begin with? This is one of the ships I think would look good clean white with red stripes like the large one. With a clear cockpit now of course.

It just doesn't work with the dirty cream color and yellow canopy, but hey we get what we get.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'm actually thinking of getting some fairly rigid plastic, heating it up, and then shaping it to the shape of the V-19's original cockpit 'shield', and then cutting it to size and adding the required holes.

If I can get it done successfully I'll post pics.

I wonder if you could take one off a different Titanium and maybe trim it?
    A lot of those aren't clear but kinda foggy though.

Maybe DT's got something up his sleeve regarding that.

Like to see them pics when your done. You going to paint the rest of it too?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

That's crazy! My guess is, sadly, that Hasbro never intended to have an opaque canopy, but that the factory misinterpreted some of the design notes and instead of translucent yellow, they went full yellow. Fudging a new canopy seems like a real chore, it's a very small piece with a curved slope, but I am very curious to see what you guys come up with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't know there was a cockpit under there DW, but I'm not really surprised knowing how much Hasbro loves a repaint! I agree with JT... someone likely fracked up at the factory.

Blue's probably right, too: kitbash another TS. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! I'm thinkin' the Titanium A-Wing's clear canopy could be easiest adapted to the V-19. Could use a yellow highlighter marker to tint the inside of the windows and voila!
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

What I'm going to try first up is part of the Titanium packaging actually. The plastic is thin but moderately rigid, so I'm going to heat it up soon and see what I can do.

Really can't use an A-wing cockpit simply because I only have one A-wing and...well...I like it complete!

EDIT: Well I've just completed my conversion and it looks nice. The plastic from the 'bubble' on the Titanium packaging is definately rigid enough, all you need is a knife or scalpel to cut it to fit and make the holes. Then all you need is boiling water to shape the plastic.

I'll try and get pics up soon.

Wow, I would have thought that plastic far too pliant for this. I can't wait to see the final result.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well the plastic I used was from the section of the plastic insert that holds the titanium, at the front right at the bottom.

As for pics might be a delay. I've never been good at taking pics of things this small and it seems my technique hasn't improved. I will try though.