Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new y-wing

Maybe if we saw the Shadow Arc-170 in Clone Wars, but I haven't seen any Shadow vehicles. Maybe in the comics, or are they from the made up universe?
    Ya know night fighters usually have special radar antennas or extra things on their fuselage for night fighting.
    I don't know why these stealth vehicles would appeal to fans except for some kind of Darth Vader, Batman, Swat, Special Ops, Delta Force everything black fixation, which I kinda do but not enough to spend that amount of dough.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Maybe if we saw the Shadow Arc-170 in Clone Wars, but I haven't seen any Shadow vehicles. Maybe in the comics, or are they from the made up universe?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It seems to me they're probably made up, just like Vader's Sith Starfighter from 2006/2007.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Darth Vader's starfighter was seen in the New Essential Chronology, and the Hasbro one looks more or less like that. I know the book was published before the toy was released, but I don't know which one was developed first.

The shadow ARC-170 is supposed to be from after the Clone Wars, as if the Empire was still using Republic ships but making them more Empire-y. I don't think there have even been any regular ARC-170s in the show yet.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It seems to me they're probably made up, just like Vader's Sith Starfighter from 2006/2007.[/FONT]
    Yeah I got that one along with R4-K5, the Shadow Troopers, Shadow Bikers, a host of Shadow this and that and the other, but I'm through with that now ya know.

Maybe by the time they get to the phase 2 armor like they did in the cartoon closer to ROTS story line we might see some Arc Fighters in the new Clone Wars, but like you say JJ none appeared yet.

[FONT=Courier New]Don't get me wrong, I still love all of the shadow stuff. I thought the Storm Commando Comic Con exclusive from 2007 was awesome enough to get 4 (some were on sale a few months later).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And I have no idea how many Utapau Shadow Troopers I have, but I won't get the Shadow ARC unless it's a gift or on sale for cheap. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    We all know that as much as we wish to send our kids to college, that our collections will never do that with market saturation as it is.
    That is the wrong reason to buy them... buy them because you want to. I run into this in the gun business. People want to buy an MG because the average price is $15k (at the moment) and appreciate ~ 15%-20% a year. Not a bad return, eh? Those values could be wiped out overnight by legislation. In the case of Star Wars, Hasbro could release an "exclusive" a year or two later as a general release and you take a hit (ie, Shadow Troopers et al).

I'm sating my desire for this item by going for the Lego version (about the same price, IIRC). Have had no pull towards Hasbro vehicles for a long time (last one I bought? hmm... POTF2 Skiff? POTJ B-Wing?)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This ship looks really cool. The price is hard to accept, but it's the only version I want. If it was cheaper though, I think I would have bought at least 2 and put other guys in the other one. Maybe there will be a repaint down the line.
    Unable to acquire the plans to the deadly space station, the Rebels have employed the skills of Kyle Katarn. Known to most as a mercenary for hire, Katarn is a rogue figure who has
    a partial alliance with the Rebels.

Armed only with a blaster pistol and an intimate knowledge of Imperial methods, Kyle prepares to infiltrate the Imperial base where the plans are keptů

Jedi Defender has prototype pics of the new CW Y-Wing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/...44186332,95148,

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Jedi Defender has prototype pics of the new CW Y-Wing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/...44186332,95148,
    Weird... that link isn't working for me. I wonder if this will work...

CLICK HERE
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**