Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new y-wing

Hybrid View

new y-wing

Is it really necesary for these new toys, such as the y-wing to be 79.99. I mean, come on. We all know that as much as we wish to send our kids to college, that our collections will never do that with market saturation as it is. Honestly, I love to buy these new toys for my kids to play with. I get so much more enjoyment from that than watching my starcases gather dust. My old star wars toys look like debris from the second death star battle. I have be a collector since 95' and its true, I do get caught up in value. For example I wanted to give my son my POTF AT-AT but when I saw it was worth $150 on ebay it was hard for me to fathom giving a 6 year old $150 of toy for fun. Shoot, my dad wouldnt pay $99 when I was a kid for the USS Flagg and it was huge. Im sick of Hasbro and their outrageous pricing. These items should be priced for kids to play with. All these plastics are going to have to be recycled in the future anyway in order to keep up with our demands for oil.

No its not. And I aint buying it for that price. I didnt bu the Falcon until Clearance and got the AT-TE for a present, so I am ahead of the game.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

yeah, i did the falcon too, amazon.com $100 not ax and free shipping, the kids love it

Have they said anything about electronics for this? I think the MSRP is going to be $69 which is a little better than what some e-tailers are charging. For that price though, you'd hope all the armor plating comes off so you can make it into an OT Y-wing. It had better have some nice sound functions too.

The MSRP is $59.99. I think that's acceptable for the Y-wing, but for the repainted ARC-170, not so much. Online prices are almost always higher.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That's pretty high price. I really want this one. I love the design.
    I wonder are we getting any extras included for that like a Matchstick Clone Pilot (my choice of figure) Astromech droid or Ashoka gunner?

I remember paying a higher than normal price for the TRU exclusive red and blue Y-Wing though.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    We all know that as much as we wish to send our kids to college, that our collections will never do that with market saturation as it is.
    That is the wrong reason to buy them... buy them because you want to. I run into this in the gun business. People want to buy an MG because the average price is $15k (at the moment) and appreciate ~ 15%-20% a year. Not a bad return, eh? Those values could be wiped out overnight by legislation. In the case of Star Wars, Hasbro could release an "exclusive" a year or two later as a general release and you take a hit (ie, Shadow Troopers et al).

I'm sating my desire for this item by going for the Lego version (about the same price, IIRC). Have had no pull towards Hasbro vehicles for a long time (last one I bought? hmm... POTF2 Skiff? POTJ B-Wing?)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This ship looks really cool. The price is hard to accept, but it's the only version I want. If it was cheaper though, I think I would have bought at least 2 and put other guys in the other one. Maybe there will be a repaint down the line.
    Unable to acquire the plans to the deadly space station, the Rebels have employed the skills of Kyle Katarn. Known to most as a mercenary for hire, Katarn is a rogue figure who has
    a partial alliance with the Rebels.

Armed only with a blaster pistol and an intimate knowledge of Imperial methods, Kyle prepares to infiltrate the Imperial base where the plans are keptů

Jedi Defender has prototype pics of the new CW Y-Wing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/...44186332,95148,
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"