Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I Just Saw A Mommy Duck And Her 8 Baby Ducklings Cross The Road!

This was so cute. It happened only moments ago when I was driving back from Target (found nothing this morning). I was driving around the entrance-way to my complex and stopped after spotting the ducks leaving our green park area, to cross towards the trolley tracks and the San Diego River. Actually, I think there's a chain-link fence over there. I wonder how they are going to get down to the river? Maybe the ducklings can fit through the gaps in the wires? The mom can fly over the entire fence of course, but the babies cannot fly as of yet.

So why were the ducklings crossing the road? Well to get to the other side of course! Duh!

But then what were they going to do? I certainly hope they won't get hit by a trolley. That would be sad.

Ducklings are cute. Have you seen Disney's Earth movie? It's all about the animals on my home planet. (Alderaan was blown to bits by the first Death Star, you know.)

Quack quack. And yes I also thought Earth was a great flick.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Speaking of which, now we know where Daddy Duck was

Disneyland was brimming with ducklings a week ago. We fed a bunch of them from the Mark Twain, one of them was cheep-cheeping up a storm, could barely chew the popcorn he was demanding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Duck season! Fire!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Disneyland was brimming with ducklings a week ago.
    When I went to DL last year, I was at the main entrance, waiting for the airhorn to let us trample each other to get in. A mommy duck was leading her family across the main way, and an employee said they do that often in the morning.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Duck season! Fire!
    I guess you'll be getting grilled on the next "CSI: Duck Pond" for the murder of Mr. Ducky.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Been a while since I've seen baby ducks, but I'd probably see them if I watched for them at Lake Padden. I often see ducks there, and they seem fairly tame. I'll pass by them when running, and instead of taking off, they just slowly waddle away.

Why is it that male birds are the pretty ones of the species? The mallard drake is a pretty duck (seen at the top of this picture), while the female (seen at the bottom of the same picture), is rather drab looking.

Off-subject, but the Mark Twain should be a hateful old boat that looks appealing to kids but warps their very souls when they step foot on it.

The man was one of the most cynical people to ever live, and he's constantly seen as a writer of kids' stories simply because the greatest novel ever written has a child as its main character.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I relate to grumpy old cynics. Wait until you read what I write!