Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Burger King Super-D toys are back, this time for Star Trek

We all remember them from both of the ROTS promos in 2005. Well now Burger King is back with more Super-D toys, this time for the new Star Trek film. There are a total of 16 toys (8 figures, 6 vehicles, and 2 role play items). Of those toys the 8 figures (and I suppose to a lesser degree the 6 vehicles, though not as much as previous Super-D vehicles) follow the style we came accustomed to for ROTS. All the toys either speak or make sound effects and comes with the traditional BK checklist booklet that shows all the toys in the promotion. The vehicles and Tricorder also come with stickers.

They are:
    • Captain Kirk
    • Spock
    • Spock Prime
    • Dr. McCoy
    • Chekov
    • Uhura
    • Sulu
    • Scotty
    • USS Enterprise
    • USS Kelvin
    • Spock's "Jellyfish" Ship
    • The Warbird
    • Shuttle Craft
    • Hoverbike
    • Communicator
    • Tricorder

There are also 4 Collector Glasses available with special display boxes. They are around $1.29 or so with the purchase of a meal.

They are:
    • Kirk
    • Spock
    • Uhura
    • Nero
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star Trek Super-D.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	20217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star Trek BK Glasses.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	20218  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

All 16 toys are now listed at CollectionStation. It just needs Steve's approval to make them public.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Making the long walk to get these ones this time around LM?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Making the long walk to get these ones this time around LM?
    hahahah I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I think I recall seeing him walking around Athens for the SW ones. Poor lil' guy.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I used to love getting collector glasses from McD's and BK.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Pure suck.

The likenesses on the SDs aren't even that bad, I just hate SD anything. The Kirk one actually looks like Shatner more than Pine tho', that's funny. The Quinto one looks exactly like him though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's funny. The likeness on these are better than the action figures.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks for the info, LM

Any other shots of the shuttle? Might get that one.

Might pick up the new Ent and kitbash its engines onto a JL...

Like JT, I'm not crazy about these Playskool versions.

Old Spock looks like Yogurt from Spaceballs... and WTF's a Squid Ship?
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I may try to pick up at least one set of toys and glasses for this promotion, just probably not for myself though (more likely for my father who is the bigger Trek fan of the family). Its not that I don't like Star Trek or don't want want the toys/glasses mind you, I'm just tapped for cash at the moment with college bills and such. To be honest I was lucky just to swing getting the McDonalds SW: Clone Wars stuff last year.

If I do get a set (either for myself or my father) though I won't be walking for them. The closest BK around where I live is 15-20 minutes by car. The BK in Athens was only 2.5 miles away from the dorm (or about 2.5 minutes by car), and that took nearly 3 hours total to walk both to/from. I couldn't imagine making a foot trip to a BK that is nearly 6 to 8 times that distance away.

As for "other" Shuttle pics, thats is all that I could find at the moment I'm afraid to say. It appears from the BK that I called earlier though that the Shuttle is one of this week's toys, so more pics of it should be hitting ebay and such soon.

And the "Squid Ship" or "Jellyfish Ship" is what most people are nicknaming Spock Prime's Ship due to its physical appearance (shape wise) loosely resembling said animals. I doubt that is what it is really called though.

It's name in the Countdown comic series is apparently the Jellyfish, from what I've been told.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.