Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a Nielson Family member

A few weeks ago I got a random call from the Nielson people. I nearly didn't answer it until I remembered "Wait a sec, they actually pay people for telling them what they watch!"

Turns out that was exactly what they wanted me for. All I have to do is keep a TV watching diary for one week and they'll pay me $30. Easy money.

I got my envelope today. Inside was a thank you letter, two TV diaries (one for each TV) and $30. In cash. I found it pretty odd it wasn't a check, but hey, it saves me the hassle of going to the bank.

I start the diaries on Thursday.

My agenda:
    Step 1: Help save Chuck.
    Step 2: NOT watch any horrible crap, like Mtv, American Idol, CSI: Whatever, Dancing With The Stars or Grey's Anatomy, among others.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Weird! Do you have any idea why you were selected?

And what else are you gonna put on your list?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

my list would be really short. i don't watch any true tv. the only time i turn the tv on is when i want to watch a dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Step 2: NOT watch any horrible crap, like...CSI: Whatever....
    Bless you, sir!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Turns out that was exactly what they wanted me for. All I have to do is keep a TV watching diary for one week and they'll pay me $30. Easy money.
    Wait...they paid you $30?! Thats complete BS! They only paid me $5 for doing it!
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

i got a $5 bill in the mail from Nielsen media last fall and all they asked was that i fill out a 9 question survey about tv's and my home. didn't have to do anything as fancy as keep a tv diary.

I guess this is a bad time for Chuck, seeing as how it has finished the season You can't really put "Chuck" down on your diary, since there won't be any episodes playing.

Do you watch "Castle"? My wife is a fan.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Weird! Do you have any idea why you were selected?
    They said they choose people at random, but I think that is a bit of BS because if it were so random they wouldn't have had our correct name. If they had gotten our name out of the phone book they'd have asked with our wife's maiden name since we never changed it with the phone company.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I guess this is a bad time for Chuck, seeing as how it has finished the season You can't really put "Chuck" down on your diary, since there won't be any episodes playing.

Do you watch "Castle"? My wife is a fan.
    I actually thought of that. There is a spot at the end where you can list things you usually watch that you didn't get to watch that week. I think they intend it for shows that actually air that week, but they don't specify, so I'll list a few shows if they aren't on.

And yeah, I've been watching Castle. It's a good show, but I admit if it didn't have Nathan Fillion I wouldn't be watching.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

[FONT=Courier New]Is it $30.00 a week/month or is it a one time payout?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Watch the final episodes of Pushing Daisies later in the month or I will kill you.

I wonder why they still put so much emphasis on Nielsen ratings, though. Don't they realize that, with DVR and the internet, it's not quite as simple as it used to be?
    Tommy, close your eyes.