Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hasbro - don't blame collectors; I can't find anything!

In a recent Q&A, Hasbo implied that collectors were on the decline. I think that is true. It seems that many collector items are either poorly made, hard to find, or require that we buy a bunch of figures or characters we already have for the one we really want. Then collectors are blamed!

I have wanted Medical Frigate Luke and Leia for years and they are so bad (Luke in particular) that I am going to pass.

I was going to buy Luke and the Rancor - it isn't it stores. I was going to buy the comic pack Amanamin or the Ewoks - never saw them. And here we are five months into the year and I have found one wave of figures.

I wanted a bunch of the Build A Droids, but am not going to buy all of the figures to get them.

Come on Hasbro. Sell me some stuff!

The Amanin comic packs are pegwarming pretty badly over here. Same with the alien Rebel Pilots set. No one is buying those two sets, but the Ewoks Comic Pack is nowhere to be found. There were probably ten sets of Ewoks on the shelves, then one day they were all gone. I think someone in my area is building an Ewok army.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I know how you feel, droid. I have also had problems locating the WM comic packs, not to mention countless other items. I cannot tell you how many trips I made to WM, Target, etc. looking for the Jawa with the WED droid. When I finally got one, it was only because I took a case off a pallet and opened it up myself.

To help save myself some grief and gas money, I just ordered the medical frigate Luke, Captain Needa, and the Hoth Trooper off of Hasbro Toyshop. I figure I can get the others elsewhere (hopefully).

And I never saw the Luke/Rancor set either.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Would you rather have this or have everything pegwarming, like Yarna, the Sarlacc, and the cantina figures? I'd like a middle ground, but it seems like it's one or the other. I think things will become easier to find as they've been out longer, but I always hate to see pegwarmers. The few months after Christmas are always pretty slow, but there has been an extension of that by a while this year . . . I dunno. This fall is supposed to be heavy again, so we'll see after that.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hear yah, droid. It is so frustrating to hear of new waves arriving in other parts of the country and then seeing NOTHING on your shelves. It got so bad with the ANH wave that I went ahead and ordered it online, in the middle of March. At this point, unless we get two more full waves hitting shelves before late July, we will be on par with the horrible pacing of releases, last.

I completely agree with you. Hasbro has no business blaming the fans when they can't even ensure their products reach shelves in a timely fashion. Nothing is more frustrating than having money you literally want to just give a business, but they just don't seem interested. I have had to resort to buying old SW graphic novels to get my SW fix these past few months.

What I don't understand is how Hasbro has not figured out out to "pace" all these waves since they have been producing Star Wars toys since they dissolved Kenner in 2000? They have had nine years to work the kinks out of production and distribution. I just don't get it. We should not be waiting 5-6 month periods at the begining of the year and then get crammed with stuff in the fall and early winter.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

There's also the problem that, for whatever reason (I suspect more proven sales among youngsters), stores are heavily ordering Clone Wars and barely ordering any live-action figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    There's also the problem that, for whatever reason (I suspect more proven sales among youngsters), stores are heavily ordering Clone Wars and barely ordering any live-action figures.
    Don't they usually only order what's selling, though? Go buy some of the 90 Yarnas at any given store and then that might grease the wheels a little.

I wonder if they'll reset the codes for the figures again, as they sometimes do with a line reset? I kind of doubt it, but that would be nice, as it could clear out the excess crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession is Nute View Post
    I hear yah, droid. It is so frustrating to hear of new waves arriving in other parts of the country and then seeing NOTHING on your shelves. It got so bad with the ANH wave that I went ahead and ordered it online, in the middle of March. At this point, unless we get two more full waves hitting shelves before late July, we will be on par with the horrible pacing of releases, last.

I completely agree with you. Hasbro has no business blaming the fans when they can't even ensure their products reach shelves in a timely fashion. Nothing is more frustrating than having money you literally want to just give a business, but they just don't seem interested. I have had to resort to buying old SW graphic novels to get my SW fix these past few months.

What I don't understand is how Hasbro has not figured out out to "pace" all these waves since they have been producing Star Wars toys since they dissolved Kenner in 2000? They have had nine years to work the kinks out of production and distribution. I just don't get it. We should not be waiting 5-6 month periods at the begining of the year and then get crammed with stuff in the fall and early winter.
    As far as Hasbro's pacing goes, I think they're finding it extremely difficult to juggle so many action figure lines. Notice how every summer, they launch a few movie toy lines while SW toys grind to a halt. There are only so many toy factories and so if they have deadlines to meet for other lines, unfortunately SW gets the shaft until the fall.

Either that or they're purposely doing this so there's less competition for movie Transformers and Wolverine figures.

Personally speaking, I wish Hasbro would stop making movies and thus would have less movie toys to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    As far as Hasbro's pacing goes, I think they're finding it extremely difficult to juggle so many action figure lines. Notice how every summer, they launch a few movie toy lines while SW toys grind to a halt. There are only so many toy factories and so if they have deadlines to meet for other lines, unfortunately SW gets the shaft until the fall.

Either that or they're purposely doing this so there's less competition for movie Transformers and Wolverine figures.

Personally speaking, I wish Hasbro would stop making movies and thus would have less movie toys to produce.
    They claim that other movies don't mess up their pacing of SW figures. I think Indiana Jones might have been different since the same team of people was making those figures. The competition angle might be correct, though, and they just don't want to fess up to it. I know the coins messed up their schedule for 2007, and Indy messed it up for 2008, but before that it always seemed pretty good. So I don't know what's taking so long this year.

I bought three Yarnas. Any Yarna pegwarming problem is totally Hasbro's fault. That figure, more than any other, screamed to be an exclusive, part of a battlepack, or shortpacked. (Yes, we would have complained about those options, but it would have been the smart move.) Now Ice Cream Maker Guy is on the way...

The lull has been nice in one sense - I have been buying some vintage toys I still want on ebay. I only need 4 more vintage Star Wars figures - Blue Snaggletooth, EV-9D9, Popup lightsaber R2, and Yak Face. (I don't care about Droids or Ewoks figures.)