Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    looking forward to getting the Tank Droid... that vehicle looks awesome. would love to get 2 of them if I can find them cheap.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I ordered one from HTS. It was more expensive than getting it at retail, but this time of year, I don't have a whole lot of time to go on hunts.

Octuptarra Droid on Clearance!

I just picked up the Octuptarra Droid at my local Walmart in the clearance section for $25!!!
    I had not planned on buying one, but at nearly 30% off I just couldn't pass it up. They must have had 6 or so all piled up in the clearance area, which shocked me because up until then I hadn't even seen them at this location.
    Sweet Deal

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the Walmart Exclusive thread in the Legacy section... I figure most people will see it either way.

Maybe they're trying to free up room for the AT-ST that should be hitting soon...?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

$35? Really?!

I had no idea that Octuparra Droid was being released...walked into a Wal-Mart today for the first time in maybe six months and saw about 20 of these on a display out in the main walkway (not sure what the retail term for this sort of display would be).

I was a little hesitant at first because I couldn't tell whether you could extend the legs all the way out to make the thing stand tall...I knew it didn't belong in the position they had it on the box front of the product pic on the back...but decided I would take a gamble on it.

Then I noticed the price tag. I actually had someone scan it for me just to make sure because I couldn't believe that something at the $20 price point size was almost double that.

Where do they get off thinking that is worth $35? Even if it IS an exclusive? It's no wonder that they had them falling off the shelf...I can't blame people for passing on these.

I'd like to see a picture from someone, if they can, of one of these things standing upright like it's supposed to, just to make sure it *can*; but even then, $35? I may have to wait for clearance.

I also picked up a Tank Droid at TRU. $25. I guess their price points went up, too...I recently picked up a Magnaguard Fighter for $20 at Target.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

I'm at work now, but I can post pics when I get home. It does stand pretty well with the legs fully extended. It is a little shakey, but not too bad. I have 2 cats and when I had it standing at full height they came over to investigate and knocked it over without much effort. My 4-year old son loves this thing. I have the AT-TE and Turbo Tank and he picks this to play with over them every time we play. I'll try to remember to post some pics tonight if nobody else has.
    RS has a shot of it standing at full height. It also shows the scale compared to the old Tri-Droid

Damn, that thing IS pretty cool...but $35....

Argh. Now it's a choice. That thing looks pretty cool standing up like that...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

I'll be honest, it seems much bigger and more substantial than anything in the $20 (which is now really $26 anyway). Side by side with a plain old Jedi Star Fighter, it's worth the extra $10.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Yeah, that's the other thing...if the new price point for the smaller-size vehicles is going to be $25, then $35 doesn't sound quite so outrageous anymore.