Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What the hell has Saesee Tiin done to deserve so many figures?!?

Yes, I could pick on even more backgroundy reused characters like Stass Allie/Adi Galia or Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth, but they aren't CRAMMING the pegs full yet again this year the way ol' Sassy is.

1. 2001 - POTJ
    2. 2002 - Saga (AOTC)
    3. 2003 - Clone Wars ms (realistic)
    4. 2004 - Saga (multipack)
    5. 2004 - OTC (screen scene)
    6. 2005 - Clone Wars ms (animated multipack)
    7. 2005 - ROTS
    8. 2006 - TSC (battle pack)
    9. 2007 - TAC Saga Legends
    10. 2007 - TAC (battle pack re-release)
    11. 2008 - TLC (CWms)
    12. 2008 - TLC Saga Legends
    13. 2008 - TLC (battle pack re-release)
    14. 2009 - TLC Saga Legends

Plus, they released an Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter in his colorscheme!

What the hell has Sassy Tin done to warrant over a dozen releases? He's not even cool-looking like Plo Koon, who himself is overexposed since he also does nothing. But Sassy is a rather goofy-looking and plain Jedi who does nothing except stand around and then get himself sliced up by an old man who was horribly outnumbered. He's so much of a snore that he's the only Jedi I can think of to not appear in any Comic Pack or exclusive 2-pack series, probably because he doesn't do anything in the EU and he's one of the lazy Jedi to not bother to show up on Geonosis and didn't lead any clones that would later betray him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

cause, you don't have to be cool to look cool.

No, I have no idea...when kids are in the Star Wars section they are saying...oo Saesin Tinn..I want him..
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

"sprechen sie Sassy?"

Agreed that the number of releases is much overdone...but I think he did show up on Geonosis - I remember him hopping in a gunship.

He's SASSY!! (Seriously, I was at one point thinking about creating his blog, where he commented on just the fashion sense of the other characters as if he were some totally stereotypical gay Euro-trash fashionista, and called everyone "sassy" except for Oppo Rancisis, whom he hated. But I decided it was a dumb idea.)

I can't at all defend the insane number of figures he has, but I wouldn't say he did nothing in the EU. He was one of the four best Jedi warriors (though, unfortunately, this was always told and never shown), and often worked with the other three (Agen, Mace, and Kit, which makes ROTS even more sad in the way they went out like b****es). He also had an insanely awesome sequence in the original CW cartoon, where he led a small group of Clonetroopers to commandeer a Separatist ship in orbit over Coruscant.

Slightly off-subject, but his horn shouldn't have miraculously healed. I don't like that this order of monks goes into the first war in ages, and, three years later, only one guy has a mullet and a scar to show for it. Saesee's broken horn should've stayed, and they should've used something closer to Ki-Adi's concept art, where he'd clearly taken a beaten in some serious battles. Even Plo's concept art, with the wrist-dagger thing, shows the dude adapting to changing times. Heck, Aayla didn't even bother to put a shirt on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You can see Saesee at Geonosis here, in one of the most awkward defensive poses I've ever seen. "Hey guys, the hilt blocks blaster fire, right?"

Anyways, I agree that he doesn't really need to be released so often. Although, most of those releases I don't think really count since they're simply rereleases, but he didn't need to be released on an individual card at the same time that the figure was available in a battle pack. In fact, the battle pack realm is best for him since, as has been said, he is quite uninteresting, and simply best serve to fill out Jedi ranks in a multipack.

I do think the huge horns made for a cool look, but sadly he's just boring to look at now due to being such a waste in the movies. Just look at his death face; only a Mother could mourn that. I think that picture also solves the horn problem, though. If you look closely, you can see that the same horn that was previously damaged in the Clone Wars is dislodged as he dramatically leans backwards. From that we can assume he had the damaged horn removed sometime before ROTS and had a fake put in. Saesee wears falsies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Heck, Aayla didn't even bother to put a shirt on.
    And what's wrong with that???

Nothing, but my point is not a single Jedi seemed to be changed by the war.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

He's a major pegwarmer here.

Some of these Targets that hardly stock figures have whole rows of nothing but him.
    Someone, a collector or stocker likely purposefully does that just to show how ridiculously he does linger on the peg.

I think the last Saesee I bought was the Legacy Clone Wars wave figure with armor. That one was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Slightly off-subject, but his horn shouldn't have miraculously healed. I don't like that this order of monks goes into the first war in ages, and, three years later, only one guy has a mullet and a scar to show for it. Saesee's broken horn should've stayed, and they should've used something closer to Ki-Adi's concept art, where he'd clearly taken a beaten in some serious battles. Even Plo's concept art, with the wrist-dagger thing, shows the dude adapting to changing times. Heck, Aayla didn't even bother to put a shirt on.
    Don't forget, that other guy got a haircut and let his beard grow out a little bit more. The horn thing, which was strictly EU in the first place, was addressed in the novel, where Palpatine commented on Saesee's horn growing back. And while I'm fine with the Jedi as they are in the film, I agree that it would have been cool to see some other changes. In both cartoons, they wear more armor, only to suddenly discard it sometime before ROTS for no apparent reason.

But, as was said, most of those releases are just repacks. Clearly it's been too many as the red Legends release is pegwarming hard around here, and the blue Legends stuck around for a long time but seems to have cleared out for the most part. We've seen so many other Jedi in the series, so I have to think they'll get to Saesee at some point; maybe they will help some of these figures sell through?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

The comment in the novel was sort of an after-the-fact explanation. (Stover would've known about the difference, and threw in an explanation even though the movie hadn't come out yet.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.