Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Yavin Scramble BP

Why is there such a demand for this on ebay? I passed it twice at WM because of not wanting to drop that much for what was in it.

So is it the cart, the droid, the rebel?

A combination of the three, methinks, plus the relative scarcity. I passed once, since no previous BattlePack was tough to find, and found myself regretting it as much as I did when I passed up Ree Yees years ago. Add to that that Hasbro refuses to reissue it within the next two years (after which point the figures will probably walk and talk by themselves, making these obsolete in the eyes of most collectors), despite half the questions in each Q&A being, "Hey, you've already got the tooling, so could you reissue this, pretty please?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    A combination of the three, methinks, plus the relative scarcity. I passed once, since no previous BattlePack was tough to find, and found myself regretting it as much as I did when I passed up Ree Yees years ago. Add to that that Hasbro refuses to reissue it within the next two years (after which point the figures will probably walk and talk by themselves, making these obsolete in the eyes of most collectors), despite half the questions in each Q&A being, "Hey, you've already got the tooling, so could you reissue this, pretty please?"
    Hm... well, that kind of sucks. Since I've been looking into clearing out some other stuff and picking up some ships in 3.75 scale finally, this would be a nice complementary pack.

I'll NEVER learn my lesson about passing things up. I'm better about it now though, even if I *remotely* think I'll be interested in something at some point, I buy it if I can afford it b/c I know that otherwise I'll be paying double for it on ebay. Which Ree Yees did you man btw?

The one from 1997 or 1998, which was impossible to find. I saw him and his companion, the Death Star Trooper, at a KB one morning when on my way to the airport. They were brand-spanking new, so I figured I'd wait until I got them somewhere at home. Several months later, when Hasbro re-released them as Fan Club exclusives, I wound up paying about twice for them what they would've cost even at KB's marked-up prices.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The one from 1997 or 1998, which was impossible to find. I saw him and his companion, the Death Star Trooper, at a KB one morning when on my way to the airport. They were brand-spanking new, so I figured I'd wait until I got them somewhere at home. Several months later, when Hasbro re-released them as Fan Club exclusives, I wound up paying about twice for them what they would've cost even at KB's marked-up prices.
    ah...ok. I figured that was the one, but thought maybe I missed out on a Ree Yees that I never knew existed

They really need to revisit Ree-Yees. The POFT2 sculpt was excellent but the figure couldn't stand very well, IIRC.

Two things:
    1st - The Scramble on Yavin pack was awesome! I saw three of them and bought two. I ended up trading away the extra pilot and droid keeping the cart and driver. Some day I will have my Yavin hanger set with my three X-Wings, the BMF and couple Y-Wings so having two carts to shuttle pilots to their stations was imperative to score more than one of these. Also, for all those people who did buy the Red Leader X-Wings (like myself) all those years ago we needed a real Red Leader fig to go in the ship but there's no way we're buying the ship again.

2nd - Ree-Yees does need a redo. I think I read he's on Hasbro's list of "good enough" figure and if that's the case it's a shame. The figure is so blocky and could be much better. I'm pretty sure the character is supposed to be taller than average height making the figure a little on the short side.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Ree Yees is considered "good enough" by Hasbro, but Momaw Nadon and Bossk are remade thrice, and they keep delaying Dr Evazan, who had more screen time than all three combined and some actual importance as a character instead of just window dressing? [facepalm]
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ree Yees is considered "good enough" by Hasbro, but Momaw Nadon and Bossk are remade thrice, and they keep delaying Dr Evazan, who had more screen time than all three combined and some actual importance as a character instead of just window dressing? [facepalm]
    oh yeah, evazan is waaaaaaay overdue.... that crappy version from the cantina pack released years ago is AWFUL. No, you don't need 100 points of articulation, but those limbs in "frozen" poses are just useless IMO. Speaking of which... what about Dengar? Too bad he didn't get remade for the ESB wave that's out.

Yeah, I didn't realize how old Dengar is until just now (like 2004 Saga line). He's okay but if you want him to be able to compare to the rest of the bounty hunters he probably is due for a redo. Then again, how long did it take to get Zuckuss remade? And his original debut was way worse!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.