Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tank Droid and Large Tri-Droid

Rebelscum has pictures of these. They look awesome! I've wanted at least the Tank Droid for a while. The other will be great too.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

[FONT=Courier New]Looks like I may go back on my promise to stop collecting Droid/Separatist army pieces...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]The Tri Droid looks GREAT![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Nice! I'm hoping that, despite what RS is saying, those are production-level test shots. The detail on the Banking Clan Tank Droid is really good, not as tight on the Tri-Droid which looks a bit like an upsizing of the 3.75" mold. The Tank Droid's center tread seems to move, and the middle of the body opens to be a cockpit, I think possibly front and back sections both open.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mmmm... yeah, if the tank has panels that open on the sides (and I think you're right JT, those look like hinges), then I'm sold.

I can see myself covering the thing with Ep. 3 Wookies. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Mmmm... yeah, if the tank has panels that open on the sides (and I think you're right JT, those look like hinges), then I'm sold.

I can see myself covering the thing with Ep. 3 Wookies. Very fun.
    I'll likely be doing the same, so I'd better clear space in my Kashyyyk diorama. Hopefully the final version will have red eyes like it did in the film.

Please check out our news before posting links to other sites news as we had these up before they did.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Um, no, there are official loose and boxed pictures of other vehicles here on SSG (Republic Fighter Tank, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, etc.) but no mentions whatsoever of the Tank Droid or Tri-droid, unless I'm mistaken.

If that's a working tread in the center of that Tank Droid, then it's going to be a hard toy to say "no" to.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nice!
    I wants these!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Nice!
    I wants these!
    Me too. The Tri-Droid is going to be so cool standing at full height, with an Anakin figure swinging off the guns. I hate waiting for stuff like this!
    Unable to acquire the plans to the deadly space station, the Rebels have employed the skills of Kyle Katarn. Known to most as a mercenary for hire, Katarn is a rogue figure who has
    a partial alliance with the Rebels.

Armed only with a blaster pistol and an intimate knowledge of Imperial methods, Kyle prepares to infiltrate the Imperial base where the plans are kept…