Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Smallville Season Nine

Since we have had a season finale and we just heard about the show being moved to Fridays, I thought we might as well start a new thread for the next (and hopefully last) season.

I am very hopeful that they bring back Perry White (same actor) for some part of the next season. I also hope that Martha and Lex are back for at least one episode. I'd also like them to have Jonathon in a dream/vision/some capacity in an episode.

I doubt any of these actors will be back next year. I am sure they will run the show on a very cheap budget with few guest stars. However, I think they really need to resolve the question of why Lex won't know Clark Kent is Superman.

I thought they were gonna cancel the show? I haven't watched the show in several years though so maybe it's getting better?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I thought they were gonna cancel the show? I haven't watched the show in several years though so maybe it's getting better?
    First question: if an only if the ending of Ol' Yeller can be applied, and FAST

Second one: If an only if the universe is populated by Leonard Nimoy in goatees.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...n-1007034.aspx

Brian Austin Green is, wait for it,

Wait for it

Wait for it.

Metallo in the 1st two episodes of the upcoming season. No news on Zod apparently. They couldn't find anyone who even the most dillusional fan could kneel before.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...n-1007034.aspx

Brian Austin Green is, wait for it,

Wait for it

Wait for it.

Metallo in the 1st two episodes of the upcoming season. No news on Zod apparently. They couldn't find anyone who even the most dillusional fan could kneel before.
    Oh man...well, guess he needed work since the Sarah Connor Chronicles got cancelled.

Here is some schedule information for season 9:

The CW Network has set its fall premiere schedule, featuring the debut of three new series and new time slots for returning favorites.

"Smallville" relocates to its new home on Friday, September 25 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET), with the non-stop action and classic DC Comics characters viewers love. "Smallville" will be followed by encore episodes of "America’s Next Top Model" (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET).
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Metallo is one Supes villain that would fit perfectly with Smallville's type of storytelling. He's shallow and boring and gimmicky and he's got kryptonite in his chest and he hates Superman for no good reason.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...d-1007208.aspx

So this is the guy that will play Zod. According to imdb.com he is younger than Tom Welling! Of course it is Smallville and the CW so they have to cast a young person, but wouldn't you think Zod would be played by an older actor, with a bit of graivtas, and someone that would accurately show that Zod is older than Clark. (I understand Zod is reborn in some way, but still, it is dumb.)

So, the actor who played Mason on Dead Like Me is their Zod? Seems a little off to me, the guy plays a great character, but he's an intimate actor IMO, good for nuanced small roles and for stage work. But at least Zod will have a British accent.

AICN is reporting a rumor that WB will announce some sort of Smallville spin-off movie "Metropolis" (direct to video maybe?) for xmas, 2010: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41525
    (think anybody is going to tell WB that the name is already taken? )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks and I went to the Smallville panel today at Comic Con. The entire cast was there including Tom Welling, making his first Comic Con appearance!

There might be a Season 10.

They did not make an announcement of a direct to DVD movie.

They showed scenes from Season 9.

SUPERMAN has arrived! Clark was shown wearing the "S" (House of El symbol) on a black jumpsuit with a black trench coat - Smallville's new look for Superman? The "S" seemed hand-drawn and the scene might be from the future. So 1 episode he's in the suit?

The actor playing Zod is good. He even said "Kneel before Zod!" to the folks at the questions microphone.

The very large room (actually 3 rooms combined!) was filled with people standing against the walls even. Smallville seems to have the staying power for even a 10th season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    SUPERMAN has arrived! Clark was shown wearing the "S" (House of El symbol) on a black jumpsuit with a black trench coat - Smallville's new look for Superman? The "S" seemed hand-drawn and the scene might be from the future. So 1 episode he's in the suit?
    Tycho, if he was wearing a black jumpsuit with a black trench coat with an S on it he is NOT WEARING THE SUIT.