Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

2009 The Phantom Menace wave

The main page has pictures. God, these cards are terrible. The white really makes them look empty. Rum Sleg's picture is just the figure itself, and Sidious's is from ROTJ!

Obi-Wan doesn't look too great. They put in the better lightsaber, per someone's request from Q&A, but they didn't paint the details. The Gungan Warrior's paint is pretty abysmal. The others look pretty good, though.

The cards look cleaner to me. I don't mind them. Then again, I don't care about the cards. I just care about the figures not sucking. I think the Obi-Wan looks okay. His "tail" looks a little too long, however.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Is there a figure not shown? The BAD looks to be missing an arm.

Ah, gotcha!

Even with a redone Obi-Wan (one of the few remaining sorely needed updates), this looks like a wave worth getting in its entirety.

I really hope they paint Obi's lightsaber. It looks terrible just silver. And does anyone know if the Gungan Warrior's horn holster there is removable?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'm liking all these for the most part, though Obi-wan's braid looks like a tentacle coming out of his head. The fiber braid on Ep. 1 Obi was better looking.

Gungan warrior is cool with 14 points, SA looks like, and some neat accessories.

Definitely want Sidious. He'd work good for a Clone Wars scene also.

I like the obscure Rum Sleg too. This will probably be the only Rum we ever get, since Hasbro usually only puts out these kind of characters once.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I was looking forward to the Obi, but maybe not now with tentacle braid....yikes....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I prefer these cards over the current ones.

I definitely want to complete L8-L9. Fortunately, every figure in the wave is a buy for me so I won't have to resort to repack figures in this wave for droid pieces.

doesn't really matter what they look like yet, since i'm not likely to see them until 2011. i've rarely encountered the ANH wave and have yet to see any evidence of the ESB wave at retail.