Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow NO Tarkin No Mon Mothma!

While I was on the official website I came across the following in the "Ask the Lucasfilm Jedi Council" and was answered by Rick McCallum and can be found here

Q. Will there be any appearances in Episode III by classic trilogy characters like Chewbacca or Tarkin or Mon Mothma?

A. No, I don't think we'll see any beyond the characters in Episode II, like Artoo and Threepio.

Sorry if this has been talked about before (This section isnt one I normally come too).No Mon Mothma no Tarkin?,Whats going on? Of all the people THEY should be in the film!

Thoughts?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Well, in this case it's not Lucas saying it, it's Rick McCallum. And we all know how wise Ricky is, N'Sync...nuff said. So there is always a chance. After all, I am sure if you would have asked the official Star Wars website, or Lucas 3 years ago if Boba Fett would be in Episode II. I bet you would have gotten the same beat around the bush "No I don't think so" answer that asking about Tarkin and Mon Mothma got.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

If there is one thing I've learned from what has happened to Star Trek and alot of the stuff that is happening with E2.... Never trust a Rick in the sci-fi business.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    If there is one thing I've learned from what has happened to Star Trek and alot of the stuff that is happening with E2.... Never trust a Rick in the sci-fi business.
    Amenaman!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The general concensus in the "Mace's Death" thread is that Mothma and Tarkin wouldn't be integral to the plot (you could have them in/you could NOT have them in) but it would still make for a nice little visual connection to the OT to see a young Senator Mothma on the senate floor talking to Padme. Or a young Tarkin. So I think you might SEE them in the third episode, but they will have little, if any, dialogue.

Plus, I agree. It IS RickMc. What does he know?

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    He knows . . . the title of Episode II will reflect the changes and feelings that Anakin is going through.

He knows . . . Anakin's pod engines play the most important role in Episode I

He knows . . . it's all about the story

He doesn't know . . . how many pieces constitute Liam's wig.

Well, we know that he has a firm grasp of the "F" word from the hour long DVD feature on the E1 DVD. Can you imagine how often he must say it a day. Since it occurs what, 7 times in an hour long documentary culled from 600+ hours of footage. The man seriously needs his mouth washed out with soap. Put that on the E2 DVD George, please.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..."

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..."
    ROFL! That was so cheesey sounding in the documentary, Ricky apperantly thinks he's some young cool hip teenager, I wonder how many times Ewan McGregor was rolling his eyes whenever he talked to Rick McCallum on the phone.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hey, whatever. I'd love to get the "Duuuuude" call from Rick. It'd mean I was gonna be in the next movie. he can cuss like a sailor all he wants if I get to handle a lightsaber...