Clone Wars comics series: the slaves from Togrutu specifically

This is actually a very cool comic. I'm rather surprised.

I originally thought that since we already know what happens to Anakin and Obi-Wan, I wasn't going to be impressed with this series. Dark Horse was merely going to stretch out all the episodic filler stuff between AOTC and ROTS that they could. For example, we'd find out what Obi-Wan had for breakfast the day after the Battle of Geonosis - and Ventress would come back from the dead more times than Dracula.

Well the surprise here was that I actually care what happens to Ahsoka's people (the Togrutu) when millions are rounded up and sold into slavery. In a cruel and purely-for-public-relations-ploy, all might be killed by Dooku's orders and it made to look like the Jedi and the Republic are responsible.

I find myself actually caring about whether this holocaust occurs (Capt. Rex is amongst the slaves, as are Obi-Wan and Ahsoka - though I know Obi-Wan won't die). The Togrutu people might be goners, though.

So I actually found a storyline that hooked me with these already well-known characters.

Read the first issue and thought it was terrible.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

It's improved surprisingly.

I would agree with you Rocketboy - when this started I was not impressed nor did I want more stories about Anakin and Obi-Wan. I was getting tired.

I have to say my areas of interest in Star Wars are:

Jaina and Jacen Solo, and then the Ben Skywalker era.

Legacy and the Cade Skywalker era.

KOTOR IF AND ONLY IF they bring in interesting backstories for Darth Revan and Darth Malek, but I'm reading to see if they are building up to just that.

Dark Times might be interesting. It has its moments and could be used to tell really great stories during the height of the oppression of the Empire.

I'd rather watch the show.

That being said, I've read every issue. I haven't been able to stick with any SW comics since Republic so at some point I'll give up on the Clone Wars comics as well.

Too many SW comics out for me to keep up with now (I can't believe I'm actually saying that, as a fairly decent EU supporter). When it was limited series, I could handle it, or just wait for the trade paperback. Now, it's just too much.

Books and novels, that's different. They come out so much less frequently than comics, so it's much easier to follow along, and I haven't missed one of them since around '93.
    "That's what Sheev said."

There's 5 titles, soon to be 6:

Knights of the Old Republic (ex-Jedi Zayne Carrick in Darth Revan's era)

Clone Wars (Anakin Skywalker)

Dark Times (Jedi Knight Dass Jennir post Order 66)

Rebellion (Luke Skywalker pre-ESB)

Invasion (starting soon - Jaina Solo in Yuuzhan Vong War)

Legacy (Cade Skywalker - great grandson of Luke.....

Luke and Mara

Ben Skywalker, maybe more with a future 2nd wife???

Cole Skywalker and Bantha, possibly more (an Aunt too, I think. Ben might have had lots of kids)

Cade Skywalker)

Anyway, overall, these titles are not constantly shipping. Dark Times just made a return, and Rebellion hasn't been out for a while.

Rebellion is being cancelled just before Invasion starts, IIRC.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well Invasion starts in July and this is June, so my guess is that there will be no more Rebellion issues then.

I can't say I'll miss it, but I do think its disappearance is tragic.

You can buy those young adult books from Scholastic though if you want to follow more (new) adventures of Luke and Leia before ESB.

I wished KOTOR would just get on with it and let us see the rise of the new Sith (Revan, Malek). But it has just a tinge of interest to it. I'm very curious what will become of Jareal now that we know she has Force potential - possibly for the Dark Side. And who is Rohlan (the Mandalorian) really?