Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I got a pitch net and have been getting exercise and practice

I went to the sporting goods store today and picked up a ball returning pitch net that I can set up in one of my complex's large recreational areas.

After it took about an hour to assemble, I must have been out there throwing for like 4 hours. I got so tired that I stopped going after ground balls it launched back at me, but I still love chasing down the flies. I just kept a bad of a dozen new baseballs behind the pitcher's mound (well my pretend version of one anyway).

Previously, I went to my storage to retrieve my baseball glove. I said "hello" to all my Star Wars stuff I have in there. Oh - and I found my wetsuit for surfing, too! I brought that home as well, plus some Queensryche CDs I'd been missing (but still desperately want to find "The Warning").

I totally read the title of this thread wrong (stupid dyslexia.) I thought it said "I pitched a tent and have been getting exercise and practice."

No, see that's the thread about his dreams involving imperssionable starletts.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

How did you end up picking up a ball return net of all things?!?!?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I purposely went there for one.

I played baseball most of my life. I started in T-ball when I was 6 years old and played through high school. Then in college I played a co-rec softball league because I loved the game, and the girls!

When I got sick in August of 2005 (when I had the aneurysm in my brain), I stopped playing. It's been almost 4 years since I batted, fielded, or pitched. I have always been used to that being part of my life.

In my last game in 2005, I hit a double way out into centerfield but I couldn't even run to first base because my legs hurt me so bad. Without working kidneys, ureaic acid builds up in muscles, probably mostly linked to unable-to-be-processed potassium, and my legs were so sore - and continued to get worse. If I hadn't started dialysis and then had my transplant, my muscle damage might have been so severe I'd have lost my ability to walk.

Now I am not playing for a team (at the moment) but I'm doing the exercises my coaches trained me to do and am getting back my strength, stamina, and speed and agility.

The pitch-net is a great way to be able to practice by myself.

Gotcha, it seemed like a bit of a odd choice (btw I LOVE baseball).

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    you ask this of the person that got a RC helicopter just to fly it around a restaurant?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    you ask this of the person that got a RC helicopter just to fly it around a restaurant?
    Oh that was a great time!

I also have a remote controlled fart machine to take to the library and museums!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I also have a remote controlled fart machine to take to the library and museums!
    That would be great to have at an art gallery, an opera, or a poetry reading.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    I missed that thread.