Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nickelback

Nickelback

I just bought their old CD "All The Right Reasons" and am loving it.

They play here in September. I think I might go to their concert.

Normally, I can dig your taste in music, but I'll have to disagree here. "How You Remind Me" wasn't bad, but everything else sounds just like it. I don't mean that in an "all Pearl Jam songs sound alike" sort of way; no, they literally sound just like that song.

I had the misfortune of hearing one of their more recent albums, and, lyrically, it sounded like a lousy tribute to oral pleasures written by a fourth grader.

Can we talk about Queensryche again?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hate nickelback. They are so overplayed where I live it's sickening. You can't escape it.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

When I listened to the radio a bit more, I heard them quite a bit on CFOX. I guess they were winners of Vancouver Seeds contest that CFOX sponsors, thus giving them a big break. Some of their songs were okay. I'm not really a fan, but I didn't understand why people hated them so much.

Nickelback drive me up the wall, I don't hate the band as people but their music is awful- There's an hilarious thing online somewheres that plays 2 songs off 2 different albums simultaneously with a little slider that you can use to pan back and forth between the two, if you're interested google "nickelback sucks" and you should find it, the site I saw it one had some naughty language so no link for you
    Iso&Baws&topes

Agreed with Bosskman, seeing as their "popular" and Canadian you can't hardly escape them on the radio up here unless you listen to Jazz or country stations, seeing as they made the transition from "metal/rock" to "popular adult contemporary" they are on almost all "new music" stations
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

1 or 2 songs by them are good, everything else, is crap. What EC said about the album is true
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I like "Wanna Be That Someone That You're With" and that song "Is That Your Hand On My Girlfriend?," along with "If Everyone Cared," and "Saving Me," and "All The Wrong Reasons," plus "Rock Star," and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I like ... that song "Is That Your Hand On My Girlfriend?,"
    It's "Next Contestant"

I don't hate Nickelback like some people do, I think they have some catchy tunes...Animals is probably my favorite song of theirs.

The lead singer comes across as a tool though, and I found it laughable when I saw them try to go "metal" with their Dimebag tribute. It kinda bothered me (from a musical sense) that they were given an unused Dimebag solo to use in that recording.

Still, considering I am sometimes forced into listening to the local radio pop station, I find Nickelback to be a welcome relief from some/most of the other garbage on there. Not that it's a huge compliment, but there is far worse out there.

I'd probably like them more if our local radio station didn't play them constantly. I'm a bit burnt out on their music.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Still, considering I am sometimes forced into listening to the local radio pop station, I find Nickelback to be a welcome relief from some/most of the other garbage on there. Not that it's a huge compliment, but there is far worse out there.
    That's my thought as well. Luckily, I don't have to listen to a pop station. Whenever I look at what's on the Top 40 charts, I don't think I am familiar with many of the songs, or even some of the artists.