Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You know whats really sad?

The fact that a bunch of grown people come to this website to talk about action figures, Legos, and other stuff of a long dead series of movies (Star Wars)....

I just felt like stirring the pot....
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

It's better than a bunch of grown men going to the bar, wasting all that action figure money on drinks talking about shoulda coulda woulda. But I do that as well.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post

The fact that a bunch of grown people come to this website to talk about action figures, Legos, and other stuff of a long dead series of movies (Star Wars)....

I just felt like stirring the pot....
    Long dead? It's only been four years since the last movie, and the originals are classics that most people like.

It is a bit sad that I spend too much time here, but I enjoy the hobby and it's nice to come here to talk about it and other things.

I don't think it's sad. In fact I imagine Josh (Tycho) would argue otherwise. Besides I made a new friend on a different level than just a couple of screen names chatting, Mabs had a little get together North of the U.S. border, and other fun times have been had!!!!!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

i come to this site all the time. the only time i talk action figures is to lament the fact that i can never find anything. while i like to build, don't think i've ever discussed legos here. but i'm happy to chat about the other stuff (including the movies - which aren't long dead unless the 3D versions never happen).

what's sad is that so many people would have the opinion that it's sad to do the very things you mentioned without ever having tried it themselves.

I take comfort in the fact that I'm only 22, don't know yet when I'll feel I'm worthy to be called a "man," and have so many more "sad" aspects in my life that coming to a website to talk about action figures is merely the tip of the iceberg.

And the OT is far from dead.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

There are things in the world much more sad than nostalgically remembering a fun time from a long time ago, in our collective memories. Like purposely creating "controversy" where there is none, global economic and social problems, personal tragedies, etc. So having fun, even digitally and cyber-ly is no big deal.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

From the "I'm glad there was no one around to see me do this" file: The other day I used a little spit polish and fingernail friction to remove a paint blotch from the left breast of a female action figure I'd just opened. It worked too! I fretted over that paint blotch back when I bought the fig, but it came right off. Miss O'Hara is now armed and ready for action with the rest of her JOE teammates.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I bet she has a really nice smile now...which she didn't have while in her bubble!

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It's one of my favorite stops on the net. Much better than ****ing away money at a bar getting wasted. I'm getting much too old for that. You just haven't been here long enough to appreciate the good times yet.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!