Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Holden Caufield was a whiny brat that needed to have his *ss kicked and/or be heavily medicated.
    Both of which happen in the text. He's in an institution to begin and end the novel implying medication and he's "sincerely" beaten up by Stradlater in the first few chapters.

From the Onion:

Bunch Of Phonies Mourn J.D. Salinger

In this big dramatic production that didn't do anyone any good (and was pretty embarrassing, really, if you think about it), thousands upon thousands of phonies across the country mourned the death of author J.D. Salinger, who was 91 years old for crying out loud. "He had a real impact on the literary world and on millions of readers," said hot-shot English professor David Clarke, who is just like the rest of them, and even works at one of those crumby schools that rich people send their kids to so they don't have to look at them for four years. "There will never be another voice like his." Which is exactly the lousy kind of goddamn thing that people say, because really it could mean lots of things, or nothing at all even, and it's just a perfect example of why you should never tell anybody anything.

I have a quote from the book on my cabinet doors of book/comic/notable quotations, of something about having goals in life (isn't that non-Alanis ironic, considering the protagonist?), but that's about the end of my enjoyment of it.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I also read that the little person who was that psychic from Poltergeist (and some of its sequels) passed away. Can't recall her name right now.

[edit] But a quick search brought up Zelda Rubinstein.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 01-31-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: I'm not gonna forget the headstones AND the bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Another one has passed. Zelda Rubinstein, probably best known as the psychic Tangina from the "Poltergeist" films, has died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I also read that the little person who was that psychic from Poltergeist (and some of its sequels) passed away. Can't recall her name right now.

[edit] But a quick search brought up Zelda Rubinstein.
    Not to be a trouble maker but ace reporter and moderator Lord Malakite had that one covered. BCJ still gets extra credit though for his diligence.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Since film titles should be either italicized or underlined, I blame that for why I missed it. No BSLOS for grammatical errors.

Since film titles should be either italicized or underlined, I blame that for why I missed it. No BSLOS for grammatical errors.
    It isn't a grammatical error, its my unique stylistic choice to be different. I'm allowed to do such things for getting a bachelor's degree in creative writing.

Just to prove it, here is another recent death. And I shall do it in a style that should, seeing as you are a teacher, drive you nutty Bel-Cam.

JuStIn MiChAeL mEnTeLl [GArReTt WeLlS fRoM "BoStEn LeGaL"} pAsSeD aWaY yEsTeRdAy In a CaR aCcIdEnT.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Francess Reid, 95, actress on Days of Our Lives. Lot of sad mom's, grandmas etc right now with the passing of Alice Horton.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ex.html?hpt=T2
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    I am terribly sorry for my careless oversight, Bel-Cam. Accept my Gold American Express Card with my best regards and its unlimited balance.
    Now, how's THAT for creative license?

What you talking bad about my momma's double chin stash for? Got us out of them there tough situations before it did. Its not known as the wiggler for nothing.
    Being related to Slicker's mom isn't something to brag about Bel-Cam.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Wow.

Maybe it'll be me next on the RIP list...

:RIPuniquestylisticchoicetobedifferent: