Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    RIP Gary Coleman.

Now who'll guard the Springfield's Funzo factory?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Steve Perry, one of the writers of several 80s cartoons including Thundercats, was murdered in Florida.
    Just saw story about him on AOL. Apparently they arrested his former roommate and said roommate's wife for unrelated crimes, like drug possession. Currently the police are also looking at them as "subjects of interests" in the murder case. On a slightly related note, the story also mentioned that Perry had terminal bladder cancer and was not expected to live past two more years, at the most, regardless of his murder.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

This is a day or two old but Art Linkletter died, I remember him from commercials on tv. An tidbit that I found amazing was that during a particual tv season he had FIVE shows on all three networks!!! Truly a feat that will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    This is a day or two old but Art Linkletter died, I remember him from commercials on tv. An tidbit that I found amazing was that during a particual tv season he had FIVE shows on all three networks!!! Truly a feat that will never happen again.
    Bel-Cam mentioned it two pages back. Kind of got drowned out by the Brittany Murphy's husband/Steve Perry/Gary Coleman talk.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I definitely remember the name Art Linkletter, but don't remember seeing him in a lot of stuff. I remember seeing his picture on some some board game money. According to wikipedia, it was on the $100,000 in Life, but it seems like I saw it somewhere else as well. I think it had "Esquire" after his name as well, or at least the abbreviation.

Gary Coleman was scheduled to be at Wizard World last summer...but he no-showed. We walked up to Todd Bridges and asked where he was but he said Gary was sick.

Funny, Life is what I remembered Art Linkletter from. I remember wondering, "Who the heck is this Art Linkletter guy?"

Of course, I eventually learned better.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

RIP Art you always said the darndest things.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

My dad always (okay, maybe not "always," but at various times) talked about the "Art Linkletter tilt-back chair." I think he also campaigned for senior programs or insurance, as the remote-activated recliner also would help them get out of a chair easily.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    My dad always (okay, maybe not "always," but at various times) talked about the "Art Linkletter tilt-back chair." I think he also campaigned for senior programs or insurance, as the remote-activated recliner also would help them get out of a chair easily.
    I remember those commercials for the recliner that would go up and down!