Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Is this thread only for the "famous" who pass on? We could add that Iowa HS football coach shot by someone this month, too. He was regionally famous. Sad story as well.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

fa·mous (fā'məs)
    adj.

1. Well or widely known. See Synonyms at noted.
    2. First-rate; excellent: had a famous time at the party.

[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman, from Latin fāmōsus, from fāma, fame; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.]
    fa'mous·ness n.

I would say widely known qualifies.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Actor Karl Malden passed away today; he was 97. I remember him most from the American Express TV commercials he did.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I didn't even realize he was still around.

Did the rest of you see the touching tribute to the late Jeff Goldblum on Colbert last night? If not, here it is. It's likely to be the funniest bit on Colbert for at least a day or so.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Spoken by Mr. Goldblum, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Actor Karl Malden passed away today; he was 97. I remember him most from the American Express TV commercials he did.

He also played Gen. Omar Bradley in the movie Patton. 97...wow. He sure lived a long life. I hope I make it to half that age.

We can now add another icon to the list... Molly Sugden.

RIP Mrs Slocombe and her *****. (Edit: What??? It's her cat!!!!)
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by a website
    Golden Globe-winning actor Harve Presnell has died. The 75-year-old star of 'Fargo' succumbed to pancreatic cancer on Tuesday at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif, EW.com and the Associated Press are reporting.
    I can't say I saw Fargo, so I don't really know his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I can't say I saw Fargo, so I don't really know his work.
    Check him out in the musical The Unsinkable Molly Brown with Princess Leia's mom. That man had a set of pipes!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I didn't even realize he was still around.

Did the rest of you see the touching tribute to the late Jeff Goldblum on Colbert last night? If not, here it is. It's likely to be the funniest bit on Colbert for at least a day or so.

I saw that. Very funny bit. Goldblum has been on Colbert alot recently.

You see the bit he did about the fly President Obama killed?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-