Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Actually, I've been reading that Jack LaLanne was 96... still making aging look easy!

So, Wizard (1991-2011) is gone, eh? I was getting out of heavy comic collecting right about then and didn't have the strong connection to that mag; I was always an Overstreet or Comics Values Monthly guy.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Jack LaLanne is a sad loss. That was one BEAST of a man. I went on Wikipedia (or, as it's commonly called, Slickipedia...) and read some of his feats. Definitely an amazing man.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Actually, I've been reading that Jack LaLanne was 96... still making aging look easy!

So, Wizard (1991-2011) is gone, eh? I was getting out of heavy comic collecting right about then and didn't have the strong connection to that mag; I was always an Overstreet or Comics Values Monthly guy.
    Toyfare ends its runs too.

Movie composer (James Bond, Dances w/ Wolves, Out of Africa, et al) John Barry at 77.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The White Stripes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The White Stripes.
    Birth and death dates, cause of death, please?

1997-2/1/2011. Cause of death unclear, but likely because Jack White has a million side projects and Meg doesn't seem to do anything outside the band. And likely also due to the massive talent disparity between the two.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Would Jack Black replace him, and rename the band... wait for it... The Striped Pick of D?

Go! Go! Go! in Peace, Tura Satana...

Boyd Kirkland has passed away. He wrote and directed such things as Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman: Sub-Zero, X-Men: Evolution, and Wolverine and The X-Men
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection