Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Bubba Smith.

I know him more for his NFL career but you kiddies probably know him more for his Police Academy roles.
    Actually, I first knew of him from those early Miller Lite commercials.

(I didn't see MSP's post above, sorry)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Annette Charles (Cha Cha in the film Grease) died from cancer in her home. She was 63.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

He ain't gonna swing with my daughter no more.

Jerry Leiber and Nick Ashford both died Monday.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Jerry Leiber and Nick Ashford both died Monday.
    Wouldn't it be an freaky coincidence if Stoller and Simpson were to die on the same day as well?

I was thinking when they both passed away, "Two halves of incredible songwriting duos in a single day? Don't these things come in threes? If I were Bernie Taupin, Mick Jagger, or Paul McCartney, I'd be a bit worried."

In any case, some truly sad and important news from the world of music today: the passing of David "Honeyboy" Edwards. It will probably be glossed over or ignored by the media, since he represents a type of music that's not been popular for seventy years or so, but Honeyboy was the last living link to the great Robert Johnson (not to mention a fine musician in his own right). This is truly the end of an era.

Hopefully, he and Sonny Boy Williamson II can meet up with Johnson in the afterlife and play the same set they played on the night Johnson was poisoned. (I'm assuming Williamson's somewhat far-fetched account is true when I say that.)

I just read the actor who played Uncle Ben in the Spiderman movies passed away at the age of 88 today.