Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Harry Booth from The Black Hole is where I first saw him.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Norman Sas, 87, inventor of the electric football game.

Sally Ride, first woman in space, lost her 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer at the age of 61.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Sally Ride, first woman in space, lost her 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer at the age of 61.
    RIP indeed. I remember my parents having me watch the launch on TV when I was a little boy. Valentina Tereshkova was actually the first woman in space, back in 1963, though.

Russia had many of the firsts (artificial satellite, living creature in space, human in space, female human in space, etc.). How many astronauts post-Apollo missions can most regular people name, aside from her? :rhetorical: She did a lot of work to inspire future space scientists; yet we killed the manned space programs.

BCJ, your post is either satanic or Nero.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

R.I.P. Ichiro's tenure with the Mariners. That means I'll probably root for the Yankees if they make the playoffs. I think the only time I did that was in the 1996 World Series.

Sherman Hemsley, 74, of TV shows fame; and probably one of the best All in the Family spinoffs, plus one of the greatest theme songs with lyrics.

Yeah... just spotted that. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    RIP indeed. I remember my parents having me watch the launch on TV when I was a little boy. Valentina Tereshkova was actually the first woman in space, back in 1963, though.
    Oh, right... forgot about her. Actually should've qualified with "American".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**