Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 LastLast
    The creator of the ALIEN, HR Giger, is dead. What a huge loss. His works, albeit strange and disturbing, were a sight to behold. You always knew when you were looking at a piece of his art.

The creator of Hasbro's G.I. Joe, Don Levine, has passed away at the age of 86 from cancer. The entire notion of the action figure is based on his idea of bringing dolls to a boys toy expression, so he's basically the father of the modern action figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The creator of Hasbro's G.I. Joe, Don Levine, has passed away at the age of 86 from cancer. The entire notion of the action figure is based on his idea of bringing dolls to a boys toy expression, so he's basically the father of the modern action figure.
    And may he rest peacefully knowing how much imagination he sparked...

Maya Angelou has left this cage. May she rest in peace.

She had both a realistic and poetic view of the world and life.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

And is the only person in US history to talk about mastodon poop at a presidential inauguration.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

She was also a speaker at a Simpson's book festival panel (well, someone else did the voice) and compared a stealth plane to a child. Take that, Tom Clancy!

It's good that she was open to recording her talks and lived in an age when such recordings were kept. Future people will learn from her perspectives on living.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Mainly known for her iconic character Alice from The Brady Bunch: Ann B. Davis at 88.

Two different impact individuals: baseball player, coach, and manager Don Zimmer at 83; and the last living Navajo Code Talker Chester Nez at 93.