Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Walter finally fossilized
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I fear that the younger posters here will have missed his value to the news industry (before it was a "business," at least), since the "news" now is sadly bogus or monetarily-based. I checked out his autobiography from the library today and hope to finish it soon. I remember him from pre-Saturday morning cartoons, where there'd be a brief news report. I used to try to copy his voice as a kid, too. Sad, sad.
    "That's what Sheev said."

He was a bit before my time, but I do remember him on the news as a kid. Back then, the only stations we got were Canadian stations and one local Bellingham station, which used to be a CBS affiliate. So, that was the only American national news anchor I saw prior to 1979 when we got a new TV and could get the Seattle stations a bit better. I'm not sure if the local station was carrying CBS news in 1981. Perhaps they were, because I seem to remember when he left the anchor position.

I also recall having The First Family Rides Again album, and Rich Little did a pretty good impersonation of him in one of the skits on there. Not quite as good as his Reagan or Johnny Carson impersonations, but believable enough.

Another death to report. Gidget the Taco Bell dog has passed.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Gidget el perrito de Taco Bell se meurta? Alguien se hablaba "Yo quierro Taco Bell" en el futuro?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The guy who played Barf on You Can't Do That On Television. Now that's a tragedy.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm.../10224866.html
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Shout out to another Barf, John Candy, who is also dead.

The last member of the British military that fought in the trenches of WWI died. Yet another living link gone for the ages.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/...ain_obit_patch
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That is very sad. Didn't the last survivour of the Titanic pass away? Or am I mistaken? Someday, we'll all be gone as well.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    That is very sad. Didn't the last survivour of the Titanic pass away? Or am I mistaken? Someday, we'll all be gone as well.
    Yep. The last Titanic survivor passed away earlier this year.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!