Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 880
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I fear that the younger posters here will have missed his value to the news industry (before it was a "business," at least), since the "news" now is sadly bogus or monetarily-based. I checked out his autobiography from the library today and hope to finish it soon. I remember him from pre-Saturday morning cartoons, where there'd be a brief news report. I used to try to copy his voice as a kid, too. Sad, sad.
    Yeah, John Stewart was voted "most trusted newsman" in a recent poll.
    What does that say about the state of "news"? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_242933.html

    Walter Cronkite I always liked the best, maybe because he looked uncannily like my Dad, bushy eyebrows and all. I always thought if he ever wanted to impersonate him, which he never did, he could have gotten closer to him than anyone else I'd seen.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yeah, John Stewart was voted "most trusted newsman" in a recent poll.
    What does that say about the state of "news"?
    It says that people who read "Time" and take their online polls shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    BTW, why link the "The Huffington Post" and not the TIME poll results?!?!?

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_417.html

    Honestly, between Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Jon Stewart, and Brian Williams it is no surprise Stewart won.

    Also.....9,409 votes....really?!?!

    Same source also says "Bing" is America's favorite search engine.

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_418.html

    Also claims "Billie Jean" is Michael Jackson's best song...

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_408.html
    May the force be with you.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Honestly, between Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Jon Stewart, and Brian Williams it is no surprise Stewart won.
    Amen, brother, Amen!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It says that people who read "Time" and take their online polls shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    BTW, why link the "The Huffington Post" and not the TIME poll results?!?!?

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_417.html

    Honestly, between Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Jon Stewart, and Brian Williams it is no surprise Stewart won.

    Also.....9,409 votes....really?!?!

    Same source also says "Bing" is America's favorite search engine.

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_418.html

    Also claims "Billie Jean" is Michael Jackson's best song...

    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_408.html
    I dunno, I just grabbed the first one on the Google search. Of course I found out about it last week in my Comcast "news" front page. It's all "the news." in amoungst the latest MJ stuff and the gotcha comments the Prez said at the end of a very important news conference which seemed to not get as much coverage as the rest of the gotcha "news."

    I miss Walter.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  5. #55
    Another boxer killed out of the ring: Vernon Forrest. Carjacking.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Another boxer killed out of the ring: Vernon Forrest. Carjacking.
    I thought it was home invasion. Either way, another tragic loss.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  7. #57
    Would Sarah Palin's political career count as RIP? or just her governorship?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Would Sarah Palin's political career count as RIP? or just her governorship?
    No, she said she wanted to avoid "lame duck" status, not "dead duck."
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Would Sarah Palin's political career count as RIP? or just her governorship?
    Still, I can't help wonder how many Americans wish they could put Joe Bidens' career in a box with Palins' and bury it forever.

    Unfortunately we are stuck with him.....one....heart...beat..away.
    May the force be with you.

  10. #60
    RIP John Hughes

    A spokeswoman for John Hughes says the director
    of 1980s coming-of-age films like "Sixteen Candles" and "The
    Breakfast Club" has died in Manhattan.
    Michelle Bega says the 59-year-old Hughes died of a heart attack
    during a morning walk. He was in Manhattan to visit family.
    He made a teen star of Molly Ringwald with 1984's "Sixteen
    Candles" about a girl's nightmarish birthday on the eve of her
    sister's wedding.
    Ringwald also starred in "The Breakfast Club," about a group
    of high school misfits during Saturday detention, and "Pretty in
    Pink."
    Hughes also directed "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and wrote
    "Home Alone." He lived in Illinois and set many of his films in
    the Chicago area.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO