Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    A documentary on John Hughes is going to get a worldwide release according to the BBC.

A low-budget documentary about the late director John Hughes is set for international release after its rights were bought, reports say.
    Trade magazine Variety said Alliance Films of Montreal agreed the deal shortly after the news broke of the film-maker's death last week.
    Directed by actor and film-maker Matt Austin-Sadowski, Don't You Forget About Me takes a look at Hughes' life.
    The title comes from the Simple Minds song featured in The Breakfast Club.

Hughes, who died at the age of 59, made hit teen movies such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Home Alone and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
    Austin-Sadowski, who starred in the Power Rangers: S.P.D. TV series, said Hughes' films had a huge impact on him when he was in school.
    "He inspired me as a person, going through an awkward adolescence, as many people do," he told Variety.

"He took affairs of the heart very seriously, and no other director gave teenagers that sort of treatment at that time."

The film was made before Hughes' death and Austin-Sadowski said he is hoping it will boost people's interests in the director's films.
    "That's what's important to us. It's not the deal. It's not more exposure for us," he said.

Actors who participated in the documentary included Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Mia Sara, Kelly LeBrock and Andrew McCarthy.
    Molly Ringwald, who found fame in Hughes' The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink, refused to take part in the project.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

So no one is going to mention Euncie Kennedy Shriver? Great great lady doesn't even begin to describe her life and contributions to society at large.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    So no one is going to mention Euncie Kennedy Shriver? Great great lady doesn't even begin to describe her life and contributions to society at large.
    Considering her philantropy, particularly with the Special Olympics, her loss is certainly tragic.

Les Paul http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...aul/index.html

Euncie Kennedy Shriver's wake is today.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Les Paul... Oh, man, this is a major loss. Without him, there would be no electric guitar solo.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Les Paul is as influential a figure in music history as most anyone else.

Another loss, for those who follow what the rest of the world calls football, is that of Sir Bobby Robson, coach of English national teams in two World Cups, along with several club sides in Europe. A salute from my namesake is ironic, since they were not on the best of terms after the 1986 World Cup match where the two most talked about goals ever were scored. May he rest in peace.

Saw this in the local paper this morning that Larry Knechtel had died. He may not be a name most people know. He was a keyboard player and a sought after session musician. He was a member of Bread, and he won a Grammy for his arrangement of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." I have a boxed set of The Monkees, and he is listed in the credits for a few songs. I recognized the name then because I knew that he lived around here in the small foothills community of Maple Falls. I remember seeing his daughter's picture in one of my brother's high school yearbooks. I just checked mine and she wasn't in it, so she must have been a year or two ahead of him. At the time, I didn't know who he was, but some time later there was an article in the paper that mentioned him.

Damn, that sucks.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Saw this in the local paper this morning that Larry Knechtel had died. He may not be a name most people know. He was a keyboard player and a sought after session musician. He was a member of Bread, and he won a Grammy for his arrangement of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." I have a boxed set of The Monkees, and he is listed in the credits for a few songs. I recognized the name then because I knew that he lived around here in the small foothills community of Maple Falls. I remember seeing his daughter's picture in one of my brother's high school yearbooks. I just checked mine and she wasn't in it, so she must have been a year or two ahead of him. At the time, I didn't know who he was, but some time later there was an article in the paper that mentioned him.
    I still have The Best of Bread. There's a picture of him on the cover with the rest of the band I do believe.
    Don't like to see fellow musicians leave us.
    He died in Yakima it said. That's the first place my family owned a house when we moved to the states.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Just heard on Fox News Channel that Ted Kennedy has passed away.
    He was distressed on not being able to be present to debate and vote on his most passionate cause, healthcare, and wanted the Governor to appoint an interim senator while he was still alive.
    He doesn't have to worry about that now.
    RIP
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"