Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Former Red Wing Bob Probert passed away today at the age of 45.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Cartoonist/Comic book artist Harvey Pekar.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Bob Sheppard, voice of the Yankees from 1951-2007.
    George Steinbrenner, principal owner since 1973.

Very sad day for this Yankee fan.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I suspect the All-Star Game tonight will have a tribute.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    George Steinbrenner, principal owner since 1973.
    I had always presumed Big Stein was THE owner, as in he owned 100% of the team. Do you know how much of the Yankees was his?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I had always presumed Big Stein was THE owner, as in he owned 100% of the team. Do you know how much of the Yankees was his?
    I know when he purchased the team it was with a group of people, and not quite sure if he ended up buying them out or what not...but I imagine he did since both of his sons took over the business.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Do you know how Big Stein made his money? He would have been.... 37 when he bought the team.

I believe he came from money, but he took over his fathers business (can't recall what it was) and turned it around. I know he wanted to buy the Indians, but was denied. He eventually bought a minor league team and built his way into purchasing the Yankees.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I looked it up and your pretty much right DM, his grandfather owned a shipping company (Big Stein was from Cleveland)... he also owned a basketball team but the league folded after a year or two.