Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    The 9 year old girl, Christina Taylor Green, was born on September 11th 2001.

Judge John M. Roll, a well respected man in the community and friend of Giffords.

Gabe Zimmerman 30 year old who was engaged to be married.

Dorwin Stoddard (76) - a pastor at Mount Avenue Church of Christ. Stoddard's wife Mavy was wounded in the leg, but is expected to recover.

Phyllis Scheck (79)

Dorthy Murray (76)

Very sad, may they rest in peace.
    May the force be with you.

^That is 6 people too many to be killed at a public meeting. What the frak is wrong with some Americans?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    ^That is 6 people too many to be killed at a public meeting. What the frak is wrong with some Americans?
    This guy was unstable for a while. He was kicked out of College until he got a psych eval (he never did, instead he dropped out) and he was rejected by the Army for "unspecified" reasons. It seems pretty clear this guy was messed up, the question is, why didn't anyone get him help, or did they?

Very sad situation. I can only imagine what family and friends of the victims are going through. Giffords husband is an astronaut, and it is unclear now if he will be going on the final shuttle mission in a couple months. I doubt he will, this type of thing takes intense training for months, no way I'd be able to focus.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    This guy was unstable for a while. He was kicked out of College until he got a psych eval (he never did, instead he dropped out) and he was rejected by the Army for "unspecified" reasons. It seems pretty clear this guy was messed up, the question is, why didn't anyone get him help, or did they?
    Meet the Press had some interesting discussion about yesterday's tragedy. Not to get political or shift my comments to the Rancor Pit, but they did draw attention to how uncivil both parties have become in their public debate over issues.

Your comment "why didn't anyone get him help," is particularly insightful and I fear may get lost in the discussion in the days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It seems pretty clear this guy was messed up, the question is, why didn't anyone get him help, or did they?

I have a relative who is "insane" whom we have had to deal with over the years. The way the system is set up, you can't do anything for them unless 1) They want help, 2) They are a proven danger to others, or 3) They are a proven danger to themselves. It was set up to protect their rights, but in the end, it does more harm to them because they don't get the treatment they need.

Yeah, this guy was all over the map, reading everything from Ayn Rand to Karl Marx. I couldn't care less about his political leanings, he was unbalanced. He was also a conspiracy theory nut job, MKULTRA, blah blah blah. Sadly, I suspect he is schizophrenic and/or bipolar.

Sadly the college that basically kicked him out didn't follow up in any way, they had reason to suspect he was unbalanced.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any sympathy for the devil here. I just wish this guy had gotten help before 6 innocent people were killed.

Richard Winters, leader of a U.S. Army infantry company made famous by HBO cable TV's World War Two series " Band of Brothers," has died at the age of 92.

May a true hero rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Richard Winters, leader of a U.S. Army infantry company made famous by HBO cable TV's World War Two series " Band of Brothers," has died at the age of 92.

May a true hero rest in peace.

Too bad there isn't a strong enough material on our planet worthy of carving to make a stature in that bad*$$' honor!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Too bad there isn't a strong enough material on our planet worthy of carving to make a stature in that bad*$$' honor!!!!
    Nicely said. He may say he merely served with heroes, but he was a hero who served with heroes.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

John Dye has passed away at the age of 47 (heart attack). He portrayed the character Andrew from Touched by an Angel.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection