Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Former Pirates manager Chuck Tanner, passes away at 82. In '79, he guided the Buccos to their most recent (I shouldn't say last, right?) World Series title. We are all fam-i-ly, Mr. Tanner.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

B-CJ, while it was sad to hear about your former skipper, I always like seeing those old Pirate uni's, especially the painter style hats.

Sadly, Dwayne McDuffie has passed into the hereafter. His incredible writing will be sorely missed.

Interesting stories brewing in the death of former NFL player Dave Duerson, 50, at least as how it relates to his brain and possible injuries.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Frank Buckles (the last surviving US Vet to serve in WWI) has passed away. He was 110.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Jane Russell. Discovered by Howard Hughes for her outstanding...er....talent. WWII pin-up girl and ho-hum actress but evidently quite the humanitarian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jane-Russell88406.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	24602  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Frank Buckles (the last surviving US Vet to serve in WWI) has passed away. He was 110.
    Sadly, the end of an era.

I was really sad to hear about this at first, then I realized the guy was 110 years old!!!

I should live so long.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Thank you for putting this up here LM. Not only was he the last surviving US war vet he was also the last EVER soldier to actually see Europe during the war. The only other two still surviving were in boot camp when the war ended.

Truly sad that more hasn't been said about him.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Thank you for putting this up here LM. Not only was he the last surviving US war vet he was also the last EVER soldier to actually see Europe during the war. The only other two still surviving were in boot camp when the war ended.

Truly sad that more hasn't been said about him.
    Wait so there are two other guys still alive? That I was not aware of, I presumed that he was the last man period. Interesting.