Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Sorry but she doesn't deserve to be listed with those other artists who died at 27.

The guy who named the Barbie doll, Elliott Handler, died yesterday, at 95. He apparently named the toy after his daughter, Julia. (had to get some "humor" into this oft-depressing thread somehow)

As for Ms. Winehouse, saddest part is that I wasn't surprised that it happened, only a question of when.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Is anyone surprised the majority of the artists in the 27 club died between 1968-78?

As for Ms. Winehouse, no one can honestly say they are surprised by this, I think most people are surprised she made it this long.
    May the force be with you.

The 27 Club was founded by Robert Johnson, an unfortunate side effect of his deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The 27 Club was founded by Robert Johnson, an unfortunate side effect of his deal with the devil.
    I read it happened at the proverbial crossroads.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    As for Ms. Winehouse, no one can honestly say they are surprised by this, I think most people are surprised she made it this long.
    I have a friend in the UK who said he didn't expect her to die like this. Really? REEEEEEALLLY??!!!! Sometimes I wonder about Jason. I mean, her recent attempt at a comeback was derailed 'cos she couldn't even pull it together for the first show!!

I'm sad about her passing 'cos she made some music that I enjoyed, but I can't help but think "stupid girl". I mean, addiction is a very scary, sad and real thing, but here's an idea: don't take drugs! If you don't ever take them your body, which might have the tendency to become addicted, will have nothing to get addicted to!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I'm sad about her passing 'cos she made some music that I enjoyed, but I can't help but think "stupid girl". I mean, addiction is a very scary, sad and real thing, but here's an idea: don't take drugs! If you don't ever take them your body, which might have the tendency to become addicted, will have nothing to get addicted to!!
    Here's how I look at it.

If your an old, long time drug user, who got hooked before the 80's (ala Keith Richards). Then I have some compassion for your addiction. Let's face it, the old folks who grew up in the 60's and 70's lived in a time where the long (and sometimes short) term effects weren't as well known.

However, if you got hooked after the whole "Just Say No" campaign and endless after school specials, films, documentaries, television shows, etc. Then you knew the chances you were taking and I have no real compassion for you.

My sister once said "It's not like they woke up one morning and decided to become a drug addict".

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. I mean you don't wake up addicted to drugs, you have to make a conscious decision to do the drugs, knowing that addiction is a side effect. It's pretty common knowledge that drugs destroy your life, cost you your career, family, friends, money and in many cases your life. Who wakes up one day and says, yes, I'll take some of that please...Amy Winehouse apparently.
    May the force be with you.

Pitcher Hideki Irabu, dies at 42. I saw a story about a Dukes of Hazzard actor dying, with a B&W picture that looked like Luke Duke and thought it was Tom Wopat. Turns out it was their "cousin" Duke, Christopher Mayer, dead at 57.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Bubba Smith.

I know him more for his NFL career but you kiddies probably know him more for his Police Academy roles.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!