Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I just read the actor who played Uncle Ben in the Spiderman movies passed away at the age of 88 today.
    That would be Cliff Robertson. I remember him from AT&T commercials first, then Charley, the film version of Flowers for Algernon, for which he won the Oscar.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    That would be Cliff Robertson. I remember him from AT&T commercials first, then Charley, the film version of Flowers for Algernon, for which he won the Oscar.
    There's also a SW connection with Roberston IIRC. He was in the movie 633 Squadron which, I believe I read somewhere, influenced G.Lu with the X-Wing sequences with the Battle of Yavin.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Very sad, all that money couldn't save him.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Very sad, all that money couldn't save him.
    Maybe he was able to implant his memory engrams into the next generation of Macs. Now he will live forever and be known as Macos.

The 'funny' thing is today I heard some talk about the NFL and how players and coaches etc are wearing pink this month but pancratic cancer has (if I remember this correctly) a 4% survival rate.

Steve Jobs deserves his own thread, but I fear it would degrade into a Mac vs. PC argument.

Rest in peace Mr. Jobs.
    May the force be with you.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs. On behalf of all the children who grew up in 1980s that, though their parents could not afford to have a computer at home, had Apple Computers when they went to school, thank you. I am truly saddened by his passing at a relatively young age, but he certainly accomplished more than most ever do.

Charles Napier

Mr. Napier lived somewhere very close to me (I never knew exactly where) as I would see him in stores and restaurants my family and I would frequent for the better part of twenty years. Always a gentleman and appreciative of his fans. I will miss his cordiality. Rest well, Mr. Napier.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story...dNBlI4x5A.cspx
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Maybe he was able to implant his memory engrams into the next generation of Macs. Now he will live forever and be known as Macos.
    Introducing the i robot.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection