Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    I saw last night he was in serious condition and they were going to take him off the ventilator today. Figured he would pass some time today. He kinda ended up like Bear Bryant. The Bear said that when he gave up coaching, he'd be dead within 6 months, and he wasn't far off.

With the passing of Etta James, the postwar, pre-rock blues era comes one step closer to dying out. She was the last of the great ladies of the blues.

By my count, only four bluesmen who could be considered "major" from that era remain: B.B. King, Buddy Guy, James Cotton, and Bobby "Blue" Bland. And I'm not sure if the latter two have performed in ages.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm still so blue about Etta's passing. She was LEGENDARY!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73, 3 days ago
    According to MSNBC Joe Paterno passed away this morning due to complications from his lung cancer. RIP Joe Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCJ, 3 days ago
    Etta James was #1 of the big three, Paterno makes #2. Who'll be the third?
    There were a few of us who did. Still no "big" name to complete the group.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Nicol Williamson, it was announced today, has joined the acting troupe of the next dimension. He was awesome as Merlin and, for those fortunate enough to have seen it, an amazing Macbeth. RIP

...and James Farentino.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

"We wish you love, peace and soul," Don Cornelius.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Angelo Dundee, 90.
    The man behind Muhammad Ali.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!