Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    My school district had an "in threes" hit the past two weeks: former math teacher at my school (and two other sites), mother of our current librarian, and a district employee whose initial cancer diagnosis came less than a week before her passing.
    "That's what Sheev said."

23, that is way too young!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    23, that is way too young!
    Our local news was gut-wrenching tonight. His fiance was interviewed tonight (they were to be married on March 31st) and she's explaining to the reporter, "Instead of planning our wedding, I'm planning his funeral".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Bert Sugar, 74 (or 75; reports vary, but if his birthday's in June, 74 is right), boxing writer and reporter. It seems that every boxing show had him comment on the fighter or issues of the sport.

Painter Thomas Kincade, died at 54.

I always liked his paintings. I have one them in my office.

I hope the Steelers receiver of the same name catches 93 passes in his honor this season.
    The loss of that news icon is a significant blow as a link to the past historical events.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The loss of that news icon is a significant blow as a link to the past historical events.
    Indeed, he is will forever remain a giant and an icon in the news business! As much as I respect Chris, he will never be his father. Mike Wallace was from a different time, different generation. I honestly believe he just had more respect for the business.
    May the force be with you.

Two more deaths to report.

Jack Tramiel, age 83, passed on Sunday. He was the founder of Commodore International (the company responsible for creating the Commodore 64).

Mark Lenzi, age 42, passed on Monday. He was a US diver that won a gold medal in the 1992 Olympics and a bronze medal in the 1996 Olympics.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection