Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Richard Dawson, 79, of "Hogan's Heroes" and "Family Feud" fame. Another victim of cancer. Don't smoke, kiddies...
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Must be the week for basketball players because Jack Twyman passed away as well.
    Newspaper today reported b-baller LeRoy Ellis died at 72, who I didn't know anything about. I thought it said LeRon Ellis, a player I did know, but he'd be much younger.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I just read about this, very sad. He was an amazing author!
    May the force be with you.

I got to attend a Big Read event where he spoke. I'll have to add in a book of his for my summer reading. Sad to hear of his passing, but I know his health was bad.

All of these people who contributed to my memories of growing up. *sigh* I am getting old, aren't I?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Bob Welch. He's best remembered as "that guy who played guitar for Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left and they weren't a blues band, but before Stevie Nicks came on board and they became huge." One of the underrated musicians of the rock era, for sure. "Sentimental Lady" alone should earn him massive respect.

Here's something to think on: Unless I'm mistaken, only three former members of Fleetwood Mac have died. All have been within the last year. And all were named Bob. Creepy, eh?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Bob Welch. He's best remembered as "that guy who played guitar for Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left and they weren't a blues band, but before Stevie Nicks came on board and they became huge." One of the underrated musicians of the rock era, for sure. "Sentimental Lady" alone should earn him massive respect.

Here's something to think on: Unless I'm mistaken, only three former members of Fleetwood Mac have died. All have been within the last year. And all were named Bob. Creepy, eh?
    I have three of his songs from iTunes - "Sentimental Lady", "Ebony Eyes", and "Precious Love". I think at one point the original versions weren't on iTunes, and he had re-recorded them. Of course, people in the reviews were complaining that they couldn't get the originals, and that the remakes weren't as good. But someone that appeared to be Bob Welch posted a review explaining all of the technical reasons why the new versions were better recordings. However, that will never triumph over the memories and feelings people have associated with the songs they are familiar with.

"Lonesome George," the 100+ year old tortoise from the Galapagos Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    "Lonesome George," the 100+ year old tortoise from the Galapagos Island.
    That really saddened me 'cos he was the last of his particular subspecies.

Yesterday, we lost Nora Ephron director, screenplay writer of Julie & Julia, You've Got Mail, Michael, Sleepless in Seattle, This Is My Life, and writer of When Harry Met Sally... and Silkwood

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**