Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
    Lance Armstrong's credibility and future.

Tommy, close your eyes.

Jerry Nelson, the puppeteer known for playing Count von Count on Sesame Street, died yesterday of unspecified causes. He was 78. In addition to the Count he was also Gobo Fraggle on Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Show's Sgt. Floyd Pepper of the Electric Mayhem band; "Pigs in Space" stalwart Dr. Julius Strangepork; Kermit the Frog's nephew Robin; and Gonzo's girlfriend Camilla the Chicken.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Neil Armstrong just passed away at 82. My father had personally spoken to him before when he used to work at his old job for Milacron. Shame to hear he is gone.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

I met Mr. Armstrong at an event at his museum in Wapakeneta about twenty years ago. He was one of the nicest people you would want to meet.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah, that is what I heard from my father when he BSed with Armstrong. He was also very modest about his achievement from what my father said. Said he was told by Armstrong that he was touched and honored that people looked up to him, but he didn't much like being raised to celebrity status and being put in the public lime light for just doing a job that he felt was no more important than any other person that had worked on the moon missions (be it rocket design, suit design, mission control, etc.). Armstrong actually didn't live too far from where I am (he lived in Indian Hill, which is only about a 20 to 30 minute drive from here). Not quite certain what exactly Armstrong was doing at Milacron, but my father said he would see him there every so often. I know that Armstrong never worked for Milacron in any fashion, so my best guess was that he was either an investor or a stock/shareholder in the company. Sadly no autograph from said meeting. My father kind of got so busy chatting it up with him (because he is kind of a jibber jabber) that he brain farted and the thought of even asking for an autograph only crossed his mind after the fact.

Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, 54, and guitarist Mark Abrahamian, 46, both of of apparent heart attacks.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I am somewhat torn. The Ohio sports fan in me isn't so sad that former Browns owner Art Modell died at 87, since he moved the team to Baltimore. But I know he did quite a bit to solidify the NFL, and any death is not to be celebrated.

CHP office Kenyon Youngstrom.

Part of the thin blue line. Rest well, brother.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I was shocked to hear of him today. I hadn't heard anything of his health issues; was I blind and deaf to that news, or did they keep it private?