Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
    Because when someone's that talented, it transcends genres.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I believe it was Waylon Jennings who said, "When George Jones sings a song, that song's been sung." Whoever said it, they were right.

To me, that's like when Jimi Hendrix praised Billy Gibbons, or Janis Joplin said Tina Turner was the best. The guy (or girl) giving the acclaim is probably better, but the fact that they think that is a big deal.

(No offense to George Jones, but Waylon was one of the few singers I'd say was better.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    To me, that's like when Jimi Hendrix praised Billy Gibbons, or Janis Joplin said Tina Turner was the best. The guy (or girl) giving the acclaim is probably better, but the fact that they think that is a big deal.

(No offense to George Jones, but Waylon was one of the few singers I'd say was better.)
    Well, Waylon did do the Dukes of Hazzard​ theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Well, Waylon did do the Dukes of Hazzard​ theme.
    Tremendous on his own, but being part of The Highwaymen didn't hurt either!

(What a line-up: Cash, Jennings, Kristofferson, and Nelson!)
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ray Harryhausen passed away today in London at the age of 92.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/r-p-ray...174646336.html
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Ray Harryhausen passed away today in London at the age of 92.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/r-p-ray...174646336.html
    No! I hadn't heard this! His work, which both awed and terrified me as a youngster, will live forever!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Damn, that's a shame. I just heard and came to share the sad news. Harryhausen was instrumental in expanding the imagination into the world of cinema in ways nobody had been able to before, his influence can be felt in a lot of Star Wars foundational things, there's even an homage in Episode II to his famous Mysterious Island stop-motion crab monster fight scene. Ray lived a life of boundless imagination and boundless energy to convey it, and we should all carry that spirit with us in our own lives, Ray Harryhausen was and is a true inspiration, and his passing diminishes us all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not the "Sailing" singer, but one half of the rap duo Kriss Kross, Chris Kelly, at 34.
    "That's what Sheev said."