Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Damn, that's a shame. I just heard and came to share the sad news. Harryhausen was instrumental in expanding the imagination into the world of cinema in ways nobody had been able to before, his influence can be felt in a lot of Star Wars foundational things, there's even an homage in Episode II to his famous Mysterious Island stop-motion crab monster fight scene. Ray lived a life of boundless imagination and boundless energy to convey it, and we should all carry that spirit with us in our own lives, Ray Harryhausen was and is a true inspiration, and his passing diminishes us all.
    Very well said, that actually brought a tear to my eye. The man was definitely a legend of legends.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Apparently, Richie Havens passed away not too long ago. The man who opened Woodstock fell through the cracks in the media.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Psychologist Dr. Joyce Brothers, at 85.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle, at 71.

Hence rendering all jokes at the expense of his name unfunny. Particularly given the circumstances.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I met him once when I worked at a hotel that some of the race drivers stayed at; thought about keeping his registration form as an autograph souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Jean Stapleton aka Edith Bunker passed away at 90.
    My first reaction, I must confess, was "wow, that's a good run, I didn't know she had still been alive". She did a great job with the part, killing her character off really took her out of the public eye, but she kept working for years after with a lot of range.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never saw it but she was in the broadway play Arsenic and Old Lace and did a wonderful job.