Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
    Author Ann C. Crispin has passed away. She wrote several novels for both Star Trek and Star Wars franchises.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Wow, and someone had just posted her "farewell" comment online a few days back.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Local SoCal car salesman Cal Worthington, at 92. Go see, Cal, what heaven is like; they'll make you a great deal, I'm sure.

I wonder if his dog Spot is there, too....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Author Ann C. Crispin has passed away. She wrote several novels for both Star Trek and Star Wars franchises.
    The Han Solo trilogy is one of my favorite EU offerings that I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Local SoCal car salesman Cal Worthington, at 92. Go see, Cal, what heaven is like; they'll make you a great deal, I'm sure.
    I remember seeing the commercials on the Seattle TV stations in the 80's. I didn't realize that he wasn't just local until much later.

Heavyweight boxing champion Ken Norton, at 70.

Hiroshi Yamauchi has passed away at 85. Yamauchi was the former Nintendo Co Ltd President (before retiring and giving that position to current Nintendo Co Ltd President Satoru Iwata) and a current Nintendo executive adviser until the time of his death. As the third-generation head of the family-run business Nintendo, founded in 1889 as a playing card company, it was was under Yamauchi's guidance that talents like video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto was discovered and Nintendo was transformed into the video game giant it is today. Yamauchi also bought the Seattle Mariners in 1992 when the franchise was struggling (which was later taken over by Nintendo of America Inc.).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Pittsburgh Steeler all-time great defensive lineman L.C. Greenwood, at one year before his jersey number (#68), 67.

Football coach Bum Phillips, at 90.