Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Two more, from the political world: former SOTH Tom Foley at 84, and long-time rep Bill Young at 82.
    "That's what Sheev said."

RIP Lou Scheimer. My childhood was enriched by his cartoons and I actually had a chance to meet and chat with him twice. In fact, on the first release of the Masters of the Universe DVD sets, you can see him autographing my DVD at SDCC. We had a cool conversation about a year later where he offered to come talk to my high school film students, though I never took him up on it. A true giant in the industry.

Another football coach: at Washington and Kent St. from the '70s through the early '90s, Don James at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Another football coach: at Washington and Kent St. from the '70s through the early '90s, Don James at 80.
    As a coworker of mine said today, it must have been a result of the Huskies performance on Saturday.

What is it with sports coaches? Basketball coach Bill Sharman, at 87. He was the Lakers coach that year they won 33 straight games and the NBA title.

Marcia Wallace (known as Carol Kesteron from The Bob Newhart Show and Edna Krabappel from The Simpsons) passed away.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Damn, that guy who wrote awesome songs for KISS and Metallica died today. Lou Reed.

Rumor has it he was also a legendary rocker in his own right, and there was a band he was in called Velvet Underground or something like that that's supposed to be amazing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Damn, that guy who wrote awesome songs for KISS and Metallica died today. Lou Reed.

Rumor has it he was also a legendary rocker in his own right, and there was a band he was in called Velvet Underground or something like that that's supposed to be amazing.
    He's also mentioned in the song "I've Been Tired" by The Pixies, which I recall being used in the movie Unbreakable. I have Lou Reed's New York​ CD.

One more sports individual: Hall of Fame basketball center Walt Bellamy, at 74.