Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Two different impact individuals: baseball player, coach, and manager Don Zimmer at 83; and the last living Navajo Code Talker Chester Nez at 93.
    I heard about Zimmer last night but I didn't know that we lost the last Navajo Code talker, what an amazing story from the War.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    1990 Cy Young winner Bob Welch.
    Which makes the second Bob Welch passing to be mentioned in this thread.

From 6/7/12:
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Bob Welch. He's best remembered as "that guy who played guitar for Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left and they weren't a blues band, but before Stevie Nicks came on board and they became huge." One of the underrated musicians of the rock era, for sure. "Sentimental Lady" alone should earn him massive respect.

Here's something to think on: Unless I'm mistaken, only three former members of Fleetwood Mac have died. All have been within the last year. And all were named Bob. Creepy, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Which makes the second Bob Welch passing to be mentioned in this thread.
    Do you check everytime a name is added if he/she has already been listed?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Do you check everytime a name is added if he/she has already been listed?
    No, the musician's name was what popped into my head. Originally I was going to say, "Not to be confused with the singer of the same name." I had forgotten that he had passed away as well, so I checked the thread and saw that he had been mentioned here, and that I had commented on it.

Pittsburgh Steelers 4-time Super Bowl winning coach Chuck Noll, at 82.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

And another icon of American pop culture, Casey Kasem, at the same age of 82.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quite a few sports names passing away lately, but today's makes the third of the Three (with Noll & Kasem), I think: baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, of cancer at 54.

I had heard about Gwynn having cancer so this isn't a total shock but it still saddens me. While never a Padre fan I did like Gwynn, at one point I did have a Padre hat because of him. If the Splendid Splinter said you were a good hitter thats more then enough to convince me.

The great Gerry Goffin, at the age of 75.

Who's Gerry Goffin?

Turn your radio to the oldies station and chances are pretty good you'll hear something written or co-written by him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.