Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Hauls!

Talking July Hauls!

UPS delivered part of my LEGO order today:

Indiana Jones
    7195 Ambush in Cairo
    7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle

Castle
    Dwarfs Battle Pack - got this by mistake, but I get to keep it for free!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Art Asylum / Diamond Select Toys Enterprise D - some little issues, but magnificent and large overall, very impressive for the price.

Hasbro Star Wars TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank - unweathered deco stalls this, but a fun design and holds 3 figures inside quite nicely. Has cool GI Joe factor, fun, but could be better too.

Samsung Exclaim cellphone - way bigger than my last phone, but has full GPS and a big clear screen and both a sliding keypad and thumboard. Battery gets twice the life as my last phone despite being the same size battery, but still could be better. Twice as heavy as my last phone too. Like it, but it's bigger than I would have preferred. However, the current Sprint phones all suck and my old one was on its last legs, we were signing a new contract either way so it was either a big discount on the phone now or no discount tomorrow.

With all that and the Sideshow 12" Darth Vader arriving tomorrow, this has been a surprisingly expensive week for me. The funny thing is that not a single one was something I expected to get this week.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

After seeing ROTF at the IMAX, we stopped at WalMart. There were several Hasbro cases sitting on a pallet (including multiple GIJoe movie cases). I saw one marked Star Wars and opened it up!!

The following figures came home with me:

TLC Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
    TLC EPIII Concept Anakin Skywalker
    TLC Jango Fett (AOTC)
    TLC Tarados Gon (AOTC)

I left the rest, may go by again later in the weekend to see if they are still there.

By the way, I decided to open a case of wave 1 Joe movie figs. All I can say is yuck.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Picked up the only figs I really liked from the AOTC wave today:

Owen Lars
    Beru Whitesun
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Playmates Star Trek 6" Sulu x1
    Playmates Star Trek 6" Scotty x1
    Star Wars Titanium Anakin's Podracer x1
    Star Wars Titanium Xanadu Blood x1
    Quantum Mechanix Stargate Animated Maquette Teal'c (should be shipping today)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

G.I. Joe Resolute Battlepack on sale in Target
    Hall of Heroes BAT
    Marcus Wright - Terminator Salvation
    Hot Wheels 1989 Batman movie Batmobile
    Saga Legends 501st, Sandtrooper, AOTC Clone Trooper, ROTS Clone Trooper
    Twister DVD $4.75 at Target
    Bil Cosby Himself DVD at Walmart $5.00
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Stargate Continum and Ark of Truth bought earlier this week from Amazon's deals of the hour arrived.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

My local Target had GIJoe: ROC toys on the shelves today.

I went ahead and grabbed a Snake Eyes for the heck of it.

Besides that, I also picked up the following:

ROTF Scalpel-

And from Family Dollar, I got the following:

Transformers Universe Sharkticon (w00t)
    Transformers (2007) Allspark Battles Nightwatch Prime/Stealth Starscream
    Transformers Universe Legends Soundwave
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

My local Target had GIJoe: ROC toys on the shelves today.

I went ahead and grabbed a Snake Eyes for the heck of it.

Besides that, I also picked up the following:

ROTF Scalpel-Cool figure, as I am really enjoying the scouts

And from Family Dollar, I got the following:

Transformers Universe Sharkticon (w00t)
    Transformers (2007) Allspark Battles Nightwatch Prime/Stealth Starscream
    Transformers Universe Legends Soundwave

Sideshow 12-inch-scale ANH Vader SE - he's here, and he's big, and he's got a few little issues that make me glad that they also screwed up the paint so I get to send him back and try again with a replacement. There's a lot of accuracy in the design and in the sewing which seems to use up the huge budget. Armor is accurate everywhere except the chest box (too long, and toyetic execution) and the helmet sits too high. Cloth vest-skirt is fairly accurate but a little too wide, same as prototype but works better with personal futzing. Exclusive hand is lying about what it is, it's clearly the "you are part of the rebel alliance" gesture and not a Force choke. Saber is good. Joints are fairly solid, some are limited in range by armor. Cape opening is too small to nail the early part of the film where the cape is up on the mask's neck. Pricetag hurts the final grade, which I'm calling a "B" (at a sub-$100 price, this would have been an easy "A-").

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Stargate Continum and Ark of Truth bought earlier this week from Amazon's deals of the hour arrived.
    Nice, how much? I hated Ark of Truth, but loved Continuum, that felt like a real movie. Could have used a little more meat in the middle, but still quite satisfying and fantastic to have O'Neill back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.