Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    No word on that Steel Crusher roof thing.... weird. No one else mentions it, either.

TRU and Target are both having sales tomorrow. TRU's is another "2-for-$9.99" sale on figures, and a $10 giftcard with a $30 Joe purchase. Might get me a Mini-Night Raven.

I saw the grey Timber version of PP Snake Eyes today at Kohl's. At 10% off, 15% off on top of that, another 20% off from a coupon we got, and "no tax weekend," he was pretty cheap. I got him almost entirely for Timber, but the figure is sweet. I'm also thinking of getting a second one, trimming his neck slightly (it's hella long), repainting his body, popping an extra Greenshirt head on him, and making a nice Dr Venom.

Also, I noticed the Silly Armor Heavy Duty could, with a proper Cobra Commander head, make a passable (though not entirely accurate) figure of Cobra Commander's one-time use "anti-Snake Eyes" armor from issue #150 of the original series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought about buying Firefly at TRU today so good thing I held off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    TRU and Target are both having sales tomorrow. TRU's is another "2-for-$9.99" sale on figures, and a $10 giftcard with a $30 Joe purchase. Might get me a Mini-Night Raven.
    The TRU sale is a real stinker. The "2-for-$9.99" only applies to three specific figures/SKUs: Duke, Breaker, and the Barbecue repaint.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I didn't get the actual ad (TRU never puts it in the Times out here), but I've read on other sites that the SKUs are for Collection 1, Collection 2, and the TRU exclusive mini-wave. I've not seen any confirmation from anyone who's been in a store yet, but the site has them 2-for-$10 (a penny more before their exhorbitant shipping prices).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So I hit TRU this morning. They have a display now, but not a whole lot of space.

Picked up:
    Ice Viper
    Elite Viper (holy crap! I'd not seen him before, and he is SWEET!)
    Delta-6 Suit Ripcord (comparing the figs, he'll be a better base for the Cobra Commander, and I have an extra African American head... which looks more like my white grandmother than Marlon Wayans)
    Pit Assault Baroness (who won't take much customizing to become a Viper)
    Armored Scarlett (who'll take a bit more than the Baroness, having no logo, but shall soon be a mindless Cobra minion nonetheless)
    Pit Commando
    2x Helix

I was considering Barbecue or Storm Shadow as my eighth, but they had two Helix figures, and my daughter seemed to dig her. Mrs Chux said we should get her the second one. So it's not my fault if you go to that TRU and they don't have no Helixes (Helices?). I wanted a second PP Snake Eyes, Dr Rex, or Camo Scarlett, but no luck. Saw the Eel (carded version), and it's crap in person.

Got a Rhino from Target, too. It looks awesome. I wasn't aware of the weird Heavy Metal/Rampage name thing until looking him up yesterday to see if he was a vintage character or not.

Can't bring myself to get the Ice Sabre. That figure looks nothing like Frostbite, and would take way too much work to turn into him. And the vehicle is poop.

I "ruined" my Ice Viper right off the bat. I wanted to see what the head under the visor looked like, not realizing the red stripe was a really cheap paint application. Half the red stuck to his face. I removed it all, and he looks better with the clear visor. The head underneath actually looked cool--is this used with any other Viper?

Also, the Combat Heroes Neo Viper isn't the weird Range Viper Zombie like the carded figure of the same name, but looks like a modernized version of the standard, classic Cobra Trooper--much like the MARS Troopers from the three pack. Any word if those, or some variation thereof, will be seen carded at some point?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I feel so alone.

Everyone who can should get the RHINO on sale this week. That toy is freaking awesome. It definitely is filed under "Man, I wish they made this when I was ten!" It's covered with compartments, features that actually work, and interchangeable weapons (though I sort of wish there were more--you can't have it completely bristling with weapons because there are several more slots than weapons). The APC looks good with the hidden helicopter in or out. And Heavy Metal Rampage is definitely the best movie driver, if not overall driver figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You mean you missed the clearance sale from Hasbro DTC where you could get it for under $9?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Say what????
    Tommy, close your eyes.

G.I. Joe Con 2009

Anyone here attending that would like to cover the show for ActionFigs.com as Press? You would need to take good pictures and upload them each day via FTP. PM me if interested.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Say what????
    You read it right. Missed out on. Plus even at full price the vehicle retailed for about 19.99. It has absolutely no retooling to accept 25th/ROC footpegs to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    Anyone here attending that would like to cover the show for ActionFigs.com as Press? You would need to take good pictures and upload them each day via FTP. PM me if interested.
    No, sorry, I can't justify $300+ to attend a function plus another ~$100 or so per year to get a carpy pdf file and a half-arsed attempted custom figure. Than on top of it, be subjugated to people who thought the movie was Citizen Kane, and think the GI Joe Collector's Club is a good deal. That's what the JoeCon is, sorry.

Well that and the 2010 GI Joe line up.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)