Page 15 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Basic figures are on sale this week at Target for $6.49

Some Targets are $7.99, others $6.99. All the ones by me are $7.99, but it sounds like every other Target on Earth has them for $6.99. This week, though, they're $6.49. I'm planning to hit a different TRU and some Targets today to hopefully get spare parts for Shooter and Cool Breeze, my two favorite "cannon fodder" Joes. :mabs:

I have to agree with RooJay on the Gunship. It looks awesome from the packaging, but is pretty dull. The "bomb dropping" feature is especially carpy. I always get a kick out of all the "Beware! Exhaust!" and "No Step! Danger! Danger!" stickers for Cobra vehicles. I can understand why a military organization needs them for insurance purposes, but why a terrorist organization?

The pack-in Firefly is the best part of it. Firefly is someone I definitely didn't need another one of, but the pilot gear hides his identity and makes him just another Cobra pilot. He comes in two variations; I didn't know this until I got the only one on the shelf (the black-mask variant), saw the packaging was different, and looked it up. The red-mask version looks stupid, so I'm glad I got the black one. I have this weird feeling those tubes are supposed to connect to something, though, some additional part this figure is missing.

Of the vehicles, I passed on both Arctic vehicles (which look like the same sucky POS in different scales). The Gunship and Mole Pod are disappointing. The Ferret and Armadillo are just okay. The Hummer and RHINO I'd highly recommend (even at the inflated price for the RHINO). I plan to get the dwarf Night Raven, just not at full price if I can help it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Picked up three more. Camo Scarlett was going to get a head from Glenda to become Shooter, but the head didn't look right. Shooter's going to have a ponytail now. I can live with that. She also has a machete, which is nice, since Shooter died wielding a machete.

Picked up Zartan for the kewl knives, and because his normal head looks more like Dr Venom than the Greenshirt one I'd planned to use. Too bad I have to repaint it due to the red eyes and stupid tats.

Also got Flash. I'm changing up Cool Breeze a bit from his one appearance, and he'll not have the "Liefeldian" banded armor. I'm using Flash's plated armor for his arms, since it looks better overall.

Even if I'm not using any of these as their intended characters, they really are some nice figures. It's almost a shame I'm not collecting the whole line and just picking and choosing classic updates and custom fodder.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The pack-in Firefly is the best part of it. Firefly is someone I definitely didn't need another one of, but the pilot gear hides his identity and makes him just another Cobra pilot.
    Exactly! He's 'Cobra Gunship Pilot" as far as I'm concerned. Pretty cool at that!

I have this weird feeling those tubes are supposed to connect to something, though, some additional part this figure is missing.
    There are actually two sockets - one on either side of the pilots seat in the cockpit - that those hoses plug into. Pretty cool little detail, in my opinion.

Of the vehicles, I passed on both Arctic vehicles (which look like the same sucky POS in different scales). The Gunship and Mole Pod are disappointing. The Ferret and Armadillo are just okay. The Hummer and RHINO I'd highly recommend (even at the inflated price for the RHINO). I plan to get the dwarf Night Raven, just not at full price if I can help it.
    I broke down and bought the RHINO this evening at the sale price, and you're right - that is one wicked awesome vehicle! I thought the helicopter was kind of goofy (though it never would have bothered me enough to put me off completely) but it actually comes off as a really neat feature, and I really love how it actually recedes into the APC itself, not to mention how it slowly raises itself into position when activated! The RHINO has so many cool little compartments for lots of other figures, with a bunch of gunner positions, and I think the fact that the weapons are interchangeable and can be swapped about any way you could imagine is an nice feature as well!
    The Night Raven is actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be as well. My initial impression had more to do with the comparative size to the original vehicle; which was not only massive, but was also a major favorite of mine. If you think of this version as a fighter jet (which it is intended to be) and the original as a bomber (which it clearly was designed after) then the change in size isn't really that bad. The modern version is actually a lot bigger out of the box than I think most folks realize. It too, is nice and hefty in hand, and it has a bunch of really neat features that make the price a bit more acceptable. I especially like the electronic features.

[FONT=Courier New]I am so tempted to buy that RHINO vehicle. It looks really fun.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I actually like the reboot look of the toys and would love to start collecting GIJoe toys again, but I just don't have the room or the money.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Does anyone know if they plan to make a DragonHawk style dropship vehicle similar to the Sigma 6 toy from 2006? That is a GREAT toy and I would probably be pushed over the edge if they did.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Mattel has a 3 3/4" scale vehicle coming in their Avatar movie line that looks very similar in concept. That line looks to be pretty awesome as well, and should fit in quite nicely with my Joe collection!

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=39397

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I am so tempted to buy that RHINO vehicle. It looks really fun.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I actually like the reboot look of the toys and would love to start collecting GIJoe toys again, but I just don't have the room or the money.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Does anyone know if they plan to make a DragonHawk style dropship vehicle similar to the Sigma 6 toy from 2006? That is a GREAT toy and I would probably be pushed over the edge if they did.[/FONT]
    Check all the joe sites starting tomorrow/Saturday. JoeCon starts tonight. They'll finally announce the 2010 product line at it instead of some place else.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

[FONT=Courier New]Thanks for the tips, guys.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I was at Target last night and saw that the $24.99 vehicle line has a helicopter with Wild Bill that they're calling the DragonHawk.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I also noticed that the RHINO comes with a little helicopter that looks a lot like something that was part of the Sigma 6 line but now only seats 1 instead of 2. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Man, those were fun toys. Maybe I will dig those out this weekend and play with them...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Did anyone else here enjoy the Sigma 6 line, especially the 2 1/2" figs and vehicles? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Mattel has a 3 3/4" scale vehicle coming in their Avatar movie line that looks very similar in concept. That line looks to be pretty awesome as well, and should fit in quite nicely with my Joe collection!

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=39397
    That's pretty much massively badass! I guess I'm going to be buying Avatar stuff.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Thanks for the tips, guys.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I was at Target last night and saw that the $24.99 vehicle line has a helicopter with Wild Bill that they're calling the DragonHawk.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I also noticed that the RHINO comes with a little helicopter that looks a lot like something that was part of the Sigma 6 line but now only seats 1 instead of 2. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Man, those were fun toys. Maybe I will dig those out this weekend and play with them...[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Did anyone else here enjoy the Sigma 6 line, especially the 2 1/2" figs and vehicles? [/FONT]

I believe the RHINO did appear in the SigmaSix Cartoon.

There is a website called sigma6central.com (maybe you have to spell out six).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)