Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I think my biggest problem with Helix is that her blade looks so much like a kitchen utensil that I can't take it seriously. I'd give her a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes sword if I could find another on shelves.
    I found a PP Snake-Eyes, so problem solved. It even had the gray Timber, so I replaced my darker one.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I found a PP Snake-Eyes, so problem solved. It even had the gray Timber, so I replaced my darker one.
    You do know the darker is the harder of the wolf variants to find?

This dates back to the 25th cards and the variants there.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    You do know the darker is the harder of the wolf variants to find?

This dates back to the 25th cards and the variants there.
    I did not. No regrets, though. I like the lighter version, and the darker one went to my brother, so it's still in the family.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Well, how appropriate, now you know...and the other quarter is red lasers, with one quarter blue lasers.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Saw some new figures yesterday at WM: Arctic SE & SS and the Cobra Doctor. Don't really care for the battle-damage Arctic Storm Shadow and I can live without the Doctor. Arctic SE looked pretty cool though.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

All of the most recent waves have dried up in my area - I've only been seeing the first couple of waves on pegs since the movie opened. Hoping my usual retail haunts will restock this weekend. Pegs around here are starting to look a bit empty.

I picked up the Target SE w/motorcycle last night. Considering basic figures are $7 to $8 a pop, this was a good deal for $10.

The SE is a good fig (no mouth!!), plus the motorcycle also works well (and could also be used with Scarlett to simulate the Paris chase).
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    All of the most recent waves have dried up in my area - I've only been seeing the first couple of waves on pegs since the movie opened. Hoping my usual retail haunts will restock this weekend. Pegs around here are starting to look a bit empty.
    It's the opposite here. Pegs were a little thinner around the movie release but it looks like sales have stalled out again. Basic figures at TRU are in short supply, mostly due to their geat sale price. At least two WM's in my area have only begun carrying the line in the last week or so, after their holiday reset. With so many ROC figures on the pegs locally I'm really reluctant to buy any at the current $8 price point. Might as well wait and see if prices drop.

---

EDIT: ROC figures are once again on sale at TRU this week, 2 for $10.99 this time. Hopefully my store has restocked with something other than the 10 Barbecues and 8 Fireflys that adorned their pegs during the last sale.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

How's this for a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot sighting? Basic figures at one local Target were $9.09!!!!!

That is more than the $8.24 at that store for SW and 7.99 for Marvel Universe. As we all now, Hasbro pays licensing fees for those two and yet the line that they don't ends up the most expensive??? It's hilarious because right below the 9.09 pegs are the 9.99 deluxe figures which seem like an even better deal now.

The pricing issue would be a fun thing to ask Hasbro about in the next Q&A (especially the Marvel vs. GI Joe pricing) - it'd be hilarious to hear how they spin that one! Only problem I forsee there would be a price increase for the Marvel line.