Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    well Wave 5 has been spotted in K-Marts so keep your eyes open. I so want the City Strike / Resolute Snake Eyes, the rest is an easy pass for me
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I found the Doctor with the white lab coat at WM today, my first ROC purchase. Also saw Paris Snake Eyes with the gray wolf.

One of the WM's here set aside space in the DVD aisle for toy cartoons (Voltron, Transformers, GI Joe, etc) and put ROC figures on pegs below the DVDs and role play toys on the bottom shelf. Is the movie close to being released on DVD? The line is just not moving here at all. I see pegs and end caps full of this stuff every time I go to the store.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I also bought the black coat Doctor and he is the only figure in the line that actually had a decent "huge" weapon that came with it, even though I have no use for a giant claw thingy it's still cool. I do think that the entire line for the most part is going to tank. My kids keep asking when they are going to make GI Joes that come with cooler weapons and less cheesy outfits. At least ROC didnt suffer from robot chicken headsculpts like last years Indiana Jones, what a waste of a good line that was !!!

A lot of local Targets have marked 'em down to $5.99. Now, if they had anything beyond Wave 1, that might mean something....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    My kids keep asking when they are going to make GI Joes that come with cooler weapons and less cheesy outfits.
    Maybe your kids could write some letters to Hasbro for us - they seem to think that kids love that stuff for some reason! I remember hating that kind of thing even as a kid myself, along with every other kid I knew...

They "learn" this crud doing market research. Thing is, kids are easily pressured to tell the researchers what they think they want to hear. Also, if you've ever participated in any marketing research, the third parties who conduct it are either great or absolute morons, and, sadly, the great ones are a minority.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    I also bought the black coat Doctor and he is the only figure in the line that actually had a decent "huge" weapon that came with it, even though I have no use for a giant claw thingy it's still cool.
    I've seen the black coat version many times, but the one I got is the harder to find variant with the white lab coat. I think it looks a lot better.

I do think that the entire line for the most part is going to tank. My kids keep asking when they are going to make GI Joes that come with cooler weapons and less cheesy outfits.
    During the 25th Ann. line I complained that the Joes & Cobra looked too village people and wanted something more realistic. Now that I've seen the ROC line with practically everyone in dark colored or black body armor I think the toys are boring! Now I pine for the classic look of the vintage toys. Seems like every figure in this new line is coming up Snake-Eyes.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

When I said "cheesy outfits" I was mistaken, what they meant was that they wanted more realistic outfits for the good guys like digi-camo and bad guys that look like real world bad guys. I know that doing so would do away with the whole Joe vs Cobra storyline and I dont want that to happen, but as far as my kids are concerned, (and their friends too) they want soldiers they see on TV (blame FOX NEWS) and not the GI Joe from the 80s.

Just some rumor mongoring...Next fall's Internet exclusives might be GI Joe Resolute. All the preproduction/pirated figures that are floating around right now will probably be made into plastic in the fall of 2010 in 1 Joe and 1 Cobra 7-pack.

http://generalsjoes.com/2009/10/09/s...#comment-15277
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They "learn" this crud doing market research. Thing is, kids are easily pressured to tell the researchers what they think they want to hear. Also, if you've ever participated in any marketing research, the third parties who conduct it are either great or absolute morons, and, sadly, the great ones are a minority.
    They also tend only to ask kids what they think of the toys that have already been produced, not what toys they'd rather have. Kids, for their part, tend to only comment about all the neat toys they've just been allowed to play with for free, and not go out of their way to criticise.