Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    I bought Desert Ambush Duke today. At Target's 5.99 price tag, I figured why not as he's generic looking enough to use as a grunt.

I also noticed one of the battlepacks had a figure swap. Instead of Snake Eyes, someone took a Neo Viper and stuck a Duke head on the body. Yeah, that sure looks like SE!

I'm hoping the price drops at WM and Target will result in some of these things clearing off shelves. I am getting seriously antsy about some of the more recent figures. Like I said, I know I want two Red Fangs (who look like, with weapon swaps, would make some fine Night Creeper Snipers) and one or two Night Adders (haven't decided if I want one with the armor--definitely want to have one showing off his tats). I'm expecting an awful lot of these to wind up at Big Lots, Ross, and other closeout stores. The first day figures are pegwarming so badly, I wouldn't be surprised to find them at Dollar Tree in a few months.

On a more positive note, though, it looks like Target has the mini-Night Raven on sale for $10 off through the 25th (Thanksgiving Eve). Might have to finally get one.

And I fully expect there to be some major clearancing on the Pit come January. I suspect only six of those have actually been sold nationwide.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yep, and now there are only 2994 left of the Pits because I bought two. I dont know who bought the other four

picked up the Snarler Cycle last night at Walmart. the cycle looks cool and looking forward to opening it.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I saw Night Adder, Red Fang etc on the pegs...underwhelmed.

Still haven't seen the Walmart battle packs or wave 2 Target exclusives.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I just got a press release this morning about this line, figured it's worth mention here.

For every GI Joe movie toy you buy between the 11th and the 26th (minimum value of $3.99), Hasbro will donate 1 new toy to the Marine Corps' Toys for Tots charity, up to 300,000 new toys.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Very cool, and hopefully a good way to clear out pegwarmers. Definitely going to snag the baby Night Raven now. How exactly do they know, though? Are the retailers keeping track, or do you have to send in receipts, or what?

And, if you take advantage of Target's "Buy the Pit, get three figures free" deal, would that count as only one toy, since you only actually paid for the Pit?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They said they were gonna have details up on gijoe.com, but I can't find them yet. I was guessing they were doing it through sales tracking, and was considering buying the Night Raven as well, maybe the Cobra Gunship, and if I can find it, the Polar Sharc.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, that site hasn't been updated since early July!

Saw this little tidbit of crap:
    Arashikage Ninja Clan Background
    For thousands of years, the Arashikage ninja clan has wielded its swords – and power – in the shadows of history.
    I was under the impression that ninja weren't around until the 4th century, at the very earliest, and far more likely around the 6th-8th centuries. I guess I learned something today.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey, you're the one who wet his pants when he saw Larry Hama last year, he's at least partly to blame for that crap.

But yeah, that site is so not useful right now. I'm hoping they update it tomorrow with details, because otherwise that's just selfish. If they don't update it tomorrow, remind me and I'll contact them.