Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    You give the figures that much credit?

I saw yesterday a larger JQ set, as well as what looked like a bombed-out Iraqi or Afghan street scene. This was the first time I'd seen them (as well as a plane, hummer, and a couple of other smaller pieces.) The prices were reasonable, and I figured a bit of weathering would make the scenes and vehicles look quite nice if they were made well. I think I'm going to have to pick some up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You give the figures that much credit?
    Just dropping you a huge hint when you will take your next step into a larger world.

Most people rave about the hummers, tanks, planes and copters. That set hasn't seen many people pick it up yet (mostly due to scarcity of distribution). Seriously, at that price for the Blackhawk I paid ($20 5 years ago), I could've spent 4-10 times that buying a Tomahawk complete or by parts on evilPay through the nose to get a complete transport copter. The F18 is much better scale than the GhostStriker (look that up joe fans), and again, fraction of the cost.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

TRU had the new 5-packs. The Joe one was awful. Absolutely awful. I grabbed a Cobra set, but passed on the Joes. Even with three "new" characters, it wasn't worth it. I had it in my hands, but couldn't pull the trigger, so to speak.

They also had the Snow Serpent and French Press or Benchwarmer or whatever the guy with Rock 'n' Roll's filename is. I was considering the Snow Serpent, since the blue camo pattern on him looks sweet, but I've got something like eight of the previous versions, counting the Commanders. Very nice figure, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    TRU had the new 5-packs. The Joe one was awful. Absolutely awful. I grabbed a Cobra set, but passed on the Joes. Even with three "new" characters, it wasn't worth it. I had it in my hands, but couldn't pull the trigger, so to speak.
    Actually, there's a relatively simiple fix to make an accurate Hardball and Repeater and you can use the same set. http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/vie...?f=103&t=14099

Better use. Plus you get the "resolute" Dial Tone since he's now a she. Don't ask, don't tell.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

But that'd be $40... And, though I don't have the same issue with female Dial-Tone some people do, it's cheap of them to use the very distinctive Helix head in its entirety, including the emo hairdo.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hmm, and here my impression of the TRU packs was exactly the opposite - I immediately bought the Joe one, and decided to wait on the Cobra set. Not that I think the Cobra set is bad, but just that I didn't find it very necessary and have decided to hold off for now.

haven't seen the sets at retail yet so I'll hold off opinion on them but I was hoping that Hasbro would have given us the Resolute Dial Tone as she appeared in the movie not as a repainted Helix head on either a Scarett or Covergirl body.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I came very close to getting the aforementioned Joe set but didn't. The rehash Helix head on Dial Tone was the deal breaker. I still may get the set if I can find a more suitable head.

Or I could just use the entire set for custom fodder.

walmart by me had all the figures marked down to $5.00. not a bad deal. picked up a lonely PITT Commando. the rest of the figures were from Wave 1. still not sure if I'm going to invest in the Cobra Gunship or not, been looking at it for the past couple months and really after seeing the movie the toy looks nothing like the vehicle from the film.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

So, WM is $5 pretty much everywhere, Target is $5.99, and there's the Toys for Tots think they're supposedly hyping on radio (but I've not heard anything about outside of collector sites). Maybe some of the crap early figures will finally move.

I know I'm harping on it, but have there been any sightings of the second wave of Target mini-vehicles beyond one or two scattered finds that could have resulted from a mixup somewhere? Is there a street date on these? I've seen every other exclusive by now, and nada. Some stores are finally getting barren of the first waves, aside from the crappy Grand Slam set, so it seems like they should be showing up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.